Sunday, March 15, 2009

The boys, they are a-craaaaazy

This evening was punctuated by my screaming, many times, to get the attention of the two youngest males in the house. (The two oldest males -- the husband and the dog -- were above reproach, as usual.) There was much discussion of sharing and taking turns. And playing nice. And not gloating. And not wrestling on the bed. And not jumping on our brand new couch. And not talking back (that one was directed solely at the child who is very capable of talking).

All of which makes it sound like I had a horrible day, but it was actually quite nice. As ALB napped, AB came and sat with me as we watched The Waterboy together (yeah, it's got some inappropriate language, but not too much). He loved the football scenes and the happy ending. And later, ALB sat on my lap while I read a magazine and he watched some Disney cartoons, and I got to smell his nice, clean, baby-shampoo hair.

As I was putting ALB to bed (with his bear, his blankie, and the regulation baseball he decided to take to his crib), I turned off the light and held him in my lap. I told him I wished it wasn't Sunday, because I wanted to spend all day tomorrow with him, too. He looked at me in the dark and said, "Bees-ball."

3 Comments:

Blogger liz said...

Did you just DIE FROM THE CUTENESS? Because I'm dying from the cuteness just reading about it.

10:38 AM, March 16, 2009  
Blogger Neel Mehta said...

Angry Linebacker sounds like a two-sport athlete.

2:31 AM, March 17, 2009  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Happy St. Patrick's Day!
Hope you've had time to watch ER lately! Last week was great - this week looks like it will be, too. :)

*Justine*

12:55 PM, March 17, 2009  

Post a Comment

<< Home