Sunday, February 22, 2009

Two questions prompted by tonight's Oscars show

1) Is it sad or just merely predictable that, of the 8 movies I saw this year, 4 of them were animated? I realized this fact upon watching the "2008 Animation" montage. (For the record, they were Madagascar 2, Kung Fu Panda, Horton Hears a Who, and -- ugh -- Clone Wars. The non-animated movies were The Dark Knight, the Indy movie, Tropic Thunder, and another kid movie, Hotel for Dogs.)

2) Does Hugh's performance as a buff singing and dancing guy herald the return of the sexy song-and-dance man (see, e.g., Gene Kelly)?

6 Comments:

Blogger Neel Mehta said...

Oh, APL, this was the deal. I watch the movies so you don't have to. You start a family so I don't have to.

2:33 AM, February 23, 2009  
Blogger Jody said...

I just felt sad that I saw almost all my movies in 2008 on DVD.

Hugh certainly has the chops to be the next Gene Kelly. Swoon.

10:04 AM, February 23, 2009  
Anonymous nutso-ranter said...

True dat Jody.

I loves me some Hugh.

8:36 AM, February 25, 2009  
OpenID justinemac said...

APL - I didn't see all that many more than you (and I don't have kids) so don't feel too bad. But, when you get a chance, see "The Visitor" on DVD. Excellent movie!

9:15 PM, February 25, 2009  
Blogger liz said...

WHY DIDN'T ANYONE TELL ME YOU'D POSTED??? GODDAMNIT!

Sorry. I love me some Hugh, too.

10:11 AM, March 04, 2009  
Anonymous Genevieve said...

Mmmm. Gene Kelly. I am all about the sexy song-and-dance men. See the host monologue of SNL this past week by Dwayne Johnson (formerly "The Rock"). Seriously.

10:59 AM, March 10, 2009  

Post a Comment

<< Home