Thursday, February 12, 2009

Today pretty much sucked

Big day of law firm layoffs today.

One of my favorite attorneys of all time was let go. I interviewed with him for a summer associate position back when I was a 2L, and I knew then I wanted to work with this guy. He is one of the coolest lawyers ever, and a great trial attorney. And he always had faith in me and my abilities. He realized you become a trial lawyer by doing it yourself, not by watching others. This was a guy who, in my last week at my former firm, left me a voicemail message that said, "I know you've only got a few days left, but you've got to change your outgoing message! You're not just a 'litigation attorney,' [APL], you're a 'trial lawyer!'"

I hope he saved a lot of money and can just retire and spend tons of time with his adorable grandkids.

To anyone else who received notice today (or recently), my sympathies are with you, and I wish you the best of luck.

2 Comments:

Blogger Freshman? No, I forgot to put on deodorant. said...

Even if he was laid-off, couldn't he still do private practice?

10:41 PM, February 12, 2009  
Blogger Seeking Solace said...

You know it's bad when law firms are laying off.

9:11 AM, February 13, 2009  

Post a Comment

<< Home