Monday, October 13, 2008

Jurassic park

I'm off today (thanks to my new job at the Region's Largest Employer of Lawyers!), and the kids' school/daycare was closed. So this morning we set out for the mountains and went to DinosaurLand. I've lived outside DC for years and years (and years) and had never even known this place existed. The kids thought it was very cool. Angry Boy liked the gory bits: dinosaurs biting and goring one another. Angry Linebacker had fun and waved, "Bye, bye, di-daur" to all of the statutes. And, like a sucker mom dutiful mom, I stopped at the gift store on the way out and let the boys browse through the toys. I have to say, the toys were priced way lower than any gift store I've ever seen. AB finally decided to get a dinosaur skeleton puzzle (a T-Rex) for $3.50, and ALB had his unwavering sights set on a little plastic football for 39 cents. Can't beat that.

So I think we're going to go back in a month or so, if the weather's still nice out.

5 Comments:

Blogger Songbird said...

I love thinking of you enjoying a holiday with your boys!

9:08 PM, October 13, 2008  
Blogger ccw said...

Sounds like a wonderful day to spend the holiday.

The git store sounds awesome. I thought the zoo store was relatively inexpensive for such places but DinosaurLand is amazing.

9:00 AM, October 14, 2008  
Blogger liz said...

Whoa...yesterday was the first time I'd ever even HEARD of Dinosaurland (in a webcomic)! Spoooooky!

I'm glad you had a good time!!!

Woot for Federal holidays!

9:02 AM, October 14, 2008  
Blogger Lex said...

Just like a cat licks you not out of affection but because it's trying to use its rough tongue to dislodge edible flesh from your bones, kids love dinosaurs because they are bigger and stronger than parents.

Actually, I'd never heard of Dinosaurland either. I'll have to remember that whenever we get up that way again.

10:27 AM, October 14, 2008  
Blogger jodifur said...

Wow, I've lived outside DC for years and never knew about that place.

I just found your blog and I love it!

9:35 PM, October 22, 2008  

Post a Comment

<< Home