Sunday, September 28, 2008

So now you know what his first name isn't

Real conversation in the car ride home from school:

AB: Mommy, I don't really like my name. It's weird.
APL: It's not weird. It's popular in [other country], and your daddy and I think it's a great name.
AB: Well, I think it isn't very good.
APL: (sighing) Well, when you turn 18, you're free to change it legally.
AB: Good, I want to be called "Bullwinkle."
APL: You're going to change your legal name to Bullwinkle [LastName]?
AB: (laughing) Yes.
APL: Sounds good.

4 Comments:

Blogger liz said...

I like AB's real first name and I'm sure he will change his mind about Bullwinkle....eventually.

9:46 PM, September 28, 2008  
Blogger Neel Mehta said...

I don't know AB's first name, but it can't possibly be better than Bullwinkle. Might be time to step into the wayback machine and make it happen.

Also:
NSAH = Not So Snidely Whiplash
ALB = Dudley Do-[Last Name]

2:20 AM, September 29, 2008  
Blogger liz said...

Dudley Do-[Last Name] is very funny with their last name!

10:08 AM, September 29, 2008  
Blogger kenju said...

Oh, Liz, you are so right!!


I hated my names when I was young too. I thought I should be a Lisa or a Kimberly, or something hip and stylish, not old-fashioned and after an old comedienne (Judy Canova).

1:04 PM, September 29, 2008  

Post a Comment

<< Home