Thursday, September 25, 2008

Insert your West Virginia jokes here*

Actual conversation with Angry Boy over dinner the other night:

AB: Mommy, you should have another baby. A little girl.
APL: (laughing) Ooooooh, no. It's just gonna be you and [Angry Linebacker]. No little girl.
AB: (laughing incredulously) But Mommy! I can't marry [Angry Linebacker], he's a boy!!!
APL: (confused pause) Uh... You think I need to have a little girl so you can marry her?
AB: (less sure now) Right.
APL: No, honey, brothers and sisters can't marry. You wouldn't be allowed to marry your sister.
AB: (laughing incredulously again) So, what, I'm supposed to marry a complete stranger?!

*No offense, Kenju.

P.S.: Seriously, y'alls, how much would I pay to see footage of Pat Summitt putting the beat down on a raccoon? Daaaaayum. (And to protect her dog, too--what a good woman.)

8 Comments:

Blogger Neel Mehta said...

Wow. AB summed up my life. Everyone else IS a complete stranger; no wonder I'm single.

Bizarre news tidbit about Pat Summitt. I especially liked the all-important Google Maps illustration of where Knoxville is.

10:05 PM, September 25, 2008  
Blogger Quinn said...

Like I need another reason to think she is teh awesome. Now i have it.

10:08 PM, September 25, 2008  
Blogger CM said...

It sounds so sensible when he puts it that way.

10:08 PM, September 25, 2008  
Blogger Songbird said...

It really does.

10:33 PM, September 25, 2008  
Blogger kenju said...

HAHA! I was about to chastise you until I saw my name!

I don't know why little boys always think they have to marry their sisters.

11:48 PM, September 25, 2008  
Blogger Lex said...

But was the raccoon rabid? And if so, how will this affect Summitt's coaching style?

8:49 AM, September 26, 2008  
Blogger liz said...

It really does make sense the way he put it.

1:06 PM, September 26, 2008  
Blogger OneTiredEma said...

Miss M is planning to marry her brother as well. Wait until she finds out that boys have cooties.

3:17 PM, September 26, 2008  

Post a Comment

<< Home