Monday, August 18, 2008

Can you tell me how to get to Arrested Development?

Remember when Jim Henson's muppets were kind of subversive (see, e.g., the Alice Cooper episode of the Muppet Show)?

Well, a new season of Sesame Street started last week. Bunch of new things going on, certainly. A new cast member: Leela, an Indian-American woman. (AB was disappointed to learn it wasn't this Leela joining the cast.) A new feature called "Murray Has a Little Lamb," which I have to admit is pretty cute (it involves a tiny, Spanish-speaking purple lamb who is muy hiperactiva).

And guest stars who... aren't your typical guest stars. I sat there with my jaw on the floor as Neil Patrick Harris sang his heart out as the Fairy Shoe Person. And today, I about died when I heard Gob's "Final Countdown" theme song and then out came Will Arnett as Max the Magician. Bravo, Sesame Street, bravo.

4 Comments:

Blogger Butterflyfish said...

I don't approve of the Ernie and Bert claymation... at all. I did think "Pre-school musical" was pretty good parody.

11:34 PM, August 18, 2008  
Blogger Angry Pregnant Lawyer said...

My kids like the new claymation; I am indifferent. But Pre-School Musical was great, and the song is still in my head.

8:03 AM, August 19, 2008  
Blogger Quinn said...

You are making me want to watch this again! Neil Patrick Harris! Le sigh!

11:34 PM, August 19, 2008  
Blogger Suburban Gorgon said...

As a general rule, I think they still get it right. Hooray indeed.

12:23 AM, August 23, 2008  

Post a Comment

<< Home