Wednesday, May 07, 2008

Ze job, she makes my ass tweetch

Maybe more on that later. For now, bullet the blog sky:
  • I cut my doggie's nails today, but cut one too close to the quick. There was much blood. On my comforter. Poor Small Dog. Anyone have any tips on how NOT to do that? He was so good, didn't even whimper. Poor baby.

  • NSAH and I were driving home from the local pizza joint after dinner tonight. Came to a 4-way stop. No one coming on the cross streets. Line of cars facing me. I signal to go left. Gray Car across from me, with his left signal on, got there first. So as I stop, Gray Car goes. As he finishes getting out of the intersection, I start to make my left turn. This PSYCHO GIRL (looked 18-25) who was behind Gray Car, actually kind of veers around him to the right, on the very tiny shoulder and starts PULLING. STRAIGHT. ACROSS. Toward my turning car! I honked and braked. She veered to miss me, and then SHE FUCKING FLIPS ME OFF. She runs a stop sign and FLIPS ME OFF. Seriously? If NSAH hadn't been in the car, I would've probably had full-on road rage and done a mid-intersection 3-point turn and followed her.

  • Allergies are killing me right now. I spent most of my life being unaffected, but now I have a permanent itch in the back of my throat. So much coughing during the day. Ugh. And, cough.

  • When am I going to find the time to see Iron Man and, later this weekend, Speed Racer? When, I ask you?!

  • And I had heard that the X-Files 2 trailer would be shown during Iron Man, but have now been informed by various folks that's not the case. So when can I see the trailer in the theater and scream like a crazed fangirl? When, I ask you?!

9 Comments:

Blogger Seeking Solace said...

it's so much easier if the dog has light colored nails. I just take mine to the vet or the groomer.

9:54 PM, May 07, 2008  
Blogger Songbird said...

I know people who swear by a Dremel. It sort of sands down the nails. Just be glad it was a dog and not a boy. Dogs are more forgiving!

10:11 PM, May 07, 2008  
Blogger KathyR said...

If NSAH hadn't been in the car, I would've probably had full-on road rage and done a mid-intersection 3-point turn and followed her.

I love you. You know that, right?

I would have, too. Even though I would have no idea what I was gonna do if I managed to catch her.

10:50 PM, May 07, 2008  
Blogger Neel Mehta said...

Even though I would have no idea what I was gonna do if I managed to catch her.

Pull her hair, of course. That's what you women do, right?

3:40 AM, May 08, 2008  
Blogger ccw said...

After doing this to my dog I was just really careful on the nails that were black. If they are all black, I would suggest a styptic pencil or powder.

As for the lovely young woman in the car, I am so appreciative of your restraint. I manage to keep myself from chasing after idiots like this and using the size of my car to my advantage but my finger always flies up as I scream something about them being a f-ing idiot, etc. I am working on this since NSBH will now throw out an insult or two of her own.

8:51 AM, May 08, 2008  
Anonymous Allyssa said...

We have 3 dogs (2 with black nails), and one of the dogs is extremely afraid of having his nails clipped. We bought a peticure (www.peticure.com) and have really liked it. All is right in our dog nail-trimming world (and it beats having to take all 3 to the vet once a month!)

9:27 AM, May 08, 2008  
Blogger Angry Pregnant Lawyer said...

Ooo, thanks for the tip and link, Allysa! My dog's nails are all midnight-black (as is his fur), so I am outta luck at visualizing the quicks.

7:02 PM, May 08, 2008  
Blogger Angry Pregnant Lawyer said...

Oh, and CCW, I do have and did use the styptic powder to stop the bleeding. But I feel so guilty for nicking my boy.

7:05 PM, May 08, 2008  
Blogger Neel Mehta said...

So when can I see the trailer in the theater and scream like a crazed fangirl? When, I ask you?!

If you want to believe,
Ask and you shall receive.

8:24 PM, May 12, 2008  

Post a Comment

<< Home