Saturday, May 10, 2008

Expired Beanie Weenies

Last week I wrote about hot dogs. Crazy Cat Woman is also making careful food purchasing decisions.

I'm doing my part for my family food budget. I've started scavenging along the very back of our food pantry, making sure we consume canned goods before their expiration date. Or, admittedly, shortly after the expiration date. Case in point, tonight for dinner, I opened up a can of Bush's veggie baked beans (which are totally delicious and microwave-ready in less than 2 minutes) for me and a can of Beanie Weenies for ALB. I knew I'd bought them a while ago (before ALB was born, certainly) -- the Beanie Weenies expired on March 27, supposedly. Tasted fine to me. I'll let you know if ALB ralphs them up later tonight.

* * * * * * * * * * *

Totally random: Raiders of the Lost Ark is on USA right now. I clearly remember watching that in the theater with my dad and knowing, even at that young age, that I wanted to be just like Marion. There I was, not quite six years old, idolizing this young woman who could drink some big guy under the table and bash bad guys over the head during a bar brawl. Marion rules.

7 Comments:

Blogger kenju said...

WELCOME BACK! and thanks for the Mother's Day wishes! You get it right back! Thanks for commenting so that I found out you had returned.

9:31 PM, May 10, 2008  
Blogger OneTiredEma said...

Hi!

Good to see you!

I am always carefully dancing around the "use by" date of packages of tofu....hope the Beanie Weenies stayed where they belonged.

10:28 PM, May 10, 2008  
Blogger Seeking Solace said...

I can't wait for the fourth Indian Jones movie.

11:00 PM, May 10, 2008  
Blogger east village idiot said...

What a great blog! I too have the same worries about food prices. I just rented Raiders of the Lost Ark last week. Marion is indeed a great role model.

10:17 AM, May 11, 2008  
Blogger KathyR said...

My kid totally lived on Beanie Weenies when he was a toddler. And frozen corn or frozen peas. I mean, I think he had those for lunch nearly every day when he was two-ish.

To this day, he will not eat a cold sandwich. And isn't particularly fond of fruit.

But he is 5'11" and still growing. So I don't think it hurt him any.

10:33 AM, May 12, 2008  
Blogger liz said...

I was so disappointed when she didn't appear in the other movies.

Sigh.

6:05 PM, May 12, 2008  
Blogger ccw said...

In my use everything in the house, I served everyone corn dogs the other night with vegetables which probably goes against some law.

10:03 AM, May 15, 2008  

Post a Comment

<< Home