Best. Mother's Day. Ever.
That is, despite being woken up at 6:30 by ALB and despite the generally crappy weather. This weekend:
- I got a giftcard for Sandwich Place Where I Eat Almost Every Day from my boys, and a Starbucks giftcard from my dad and stepmom.
- Today my mom came over with a cake that read "#1 Mom" for me.
- We did our traditional Mother's Day outing, involving pandas, meerkats, tigers, otters and other fauna in simulated-native habitats. And involving souvenir stores.
- There was much watching of "The Muppet Show."
- Nearby Family came over for a few hours tonight to play with the boys so I could have "alone time," but I had so much fun that I hung out all night with them, too!
- And the piece de resistance: ALB, who is not yet 20 months, peed in the potty TWICE this weekend! (No, I'm not potty-training him, but once yesterday and once today I asked if he wanted to sit on the little potty in the boys' bathroom, and he just sat and peed as if it was the most natural thing to do. Hahahahaha. Watch, he still won't be out of diapers until he's 4 and a half...)