Tuesday, April 29, 2008

Come downstairs and say hello

Dorothy moves to click her ruby shoes
Right in tune to "Dark Side of the Moon"
Someone someone could tell me
Where I belong
Be calm
Be brave
It'll be OK

No more messing around and living underground
And New Year's resolutions
By this time next year I won't be here
I turn on turn on MTV
The volume's down
Lips move
They say
It'll be OK

To tell you the truth I've said it before
Tomorrow I start in a new direction
One last time these words from me
I'm never saying them again
And I shut the light
And listen
As my watch unwinds

To tell you the truth I've said it before
Tomorrow I start in a new direction
I know I've been half asleep
I'm never doing that again
I look straight at what's coming ahead
And soon it's gonna change in a new direction
Every night as I'm falling asleep
These words repeated in my head

Voices calling from a yellow road
To come downstairs and say hello
Don't be shy
Just say hello

To tell you the truth I've said it before
Tomorrow I start in a new direction
I know I've been half asleep
I'm never doing that again
I look straight at what's coming ahead
And soon it's gonna change in a new direction
Every night as I'm falling asleep
These words repeated in my head


Hello again.

14 Comments:

Blogger Rev Dr Mom said...

Hey! Good to see you here again.

10:58 PM, April 29, 2008  
Blogger susan said...

A bolded APL in my feedreader always brightens my evening. Hello back!

11:15 PM, April 29, 2008  
Blogger La Turista said...

And a clip from my little hometown hootenanny to boot! Welcome back!

11:50 PM, April 29, 2008  
Blogger Lisa V said...

I was going to start singing Neil Diamond "Hello Again", but then realized it spoiled the lovely musical mood you had created.

12:10 AM, April 30, 2008  
Blogger Seeking Solace said...

And people don't believe how busy lawyers are! Glad to hear from you.

8:21 AM, April 30, 2008  
Blogger Musey_Me said...

Hi!

10:00 AM, April 30, 2008  
Blogger Butterflyfish said...

Hello!!!

11:16 AM, April 30, 2008  
Blogger Addy N. said...

I did a double-take when I saw the word "pregnant" in my Google Reader! Welcome back!

11:52 AM, April 30, 2008  
Blogger KathyR said...

Hello, yourself. What's shakin'?

2:54 PM, April 30, 2008  
Blogger halloweenlover said...

Hello hello hello! I've missed you!

3:47 PM, April 30, 2008  
Blogger Songbird said...

Hey, welcome back!!!

6:00 PM, April 30, 2008  
Blogger TSC Girl said...

Hi!

11:15 PM, April 30, 2008  
Blogger Angry Pregnant Lawyer said...

Hey, you guys! I missed you.

8:08 PM, May 01, 2008  
Blogger liz said...

YOU'RE BACK!!!!! WOOOOOT!!!

8:33 PM, May 05, 2008  

Post a Comment

<< Home