Wednesday, November 14, 2007

Have to stop slurring my speech

In the car this morning on the way to work/daycare/pre-K, we were listening to a new mix on my iPod. Pete Yorn's "On Your Side" came on, and a little voice spoke up from the backseat.

AB: Mommy, is Pete Yorn real?
APL: (suppressing the urge to faint from the sheer cuteness) Yes, sweetie. Remember when you saw him in concert?
AB: Yes, but is he real?
APL: Yes. He's a boy from New Jersey who learned to play the guitar, sing, and write songs. He's a musician. That's his job, like mommy's job is to be a lawyer and daddy's job is [NSAH's job].
AB: But he doesn't do magic.

I spent the next three minutes trying to enunciate the difference between "magician" and "musician." To no avail, I think. Oh, well.

2 Comments:

Blogger sognatrice said...

Hah! That's so funny. When I was talking on the phone to my 8-year-old niece before Halloween she told me that her brother was going to be a "musician."

I found that odd as he's really not very interested in music. I asked her what instrument he'd carry, and she got all quiet, so I changed the subject.

Later I talked to my mom and was informed that, yes, you guessed it, he'd be a "magician."

Oooooh.

8:23 AM, November 23, 2007  
Blogger Angry Pregnant Lawyer said...

Whew--glad to hear it's not just us!

2:02 PM, November 23, 2007  

Post a Comment

<< Home