Wednesday, August 01, 2007

Rock baby

Saw the boy from Jersey* and the guys from Mass. last night. Had never seen the boy before. It was my fifth time seeing the guys.

Reason why this concert was awesome: AB came with us. It was his first rock concert.

Part of me was worried beforehand that NSAH and I would be the oldest people there, and AB would be the youngest person there. Neither was true. I saw lots of kids in attendance, the youngest of which was probably 1 1/2. AB behaved very well. Much better than the shitfaced girls who sat near us (although I don't begrudge them, because their dancing kept AB very entertained).

Didn't even consider bringing ALB along. Heck, we only brought AB because he's a big fan of Pete Yorn, and he likes Guster, too. He even picked up a new favorite Pete song last night, "Good Advice."

Off to edit this post...

* As opposed to the man from Jersey or the guys from Jersey.

6 Comments:

Blogger K said...

Oh, I'm SOOOO jealous. I love the guys from Mass! I went to college with them. OK, so maybe I went to said college a few years before they even got there. But our feet walked the same paths to the same dining halls, so that has to count for something.

Sounds like a really fun evening.

My first rock concert was Cindi Lauper, so AB is already way cooler than I am!

10:11 PM, August 01, 2007  
Anonymous Lex said...

Mine was either the Stones' Exile on Main St. tour or Deep Purple. Can't remember which now. And, yes, this makes me older than dirt (and stoneder than dirt, if memory serves, which it might not).

Victoria's more into "High School Musical" than anything at all tasteful, but it's not for lack of trying. I've exposed her to everything from Solomon Burke to Carbon Leaf; no help.

9:06 AM, August 02, 2007  
Anonymous Lex said...

Oh, but Hooper likes Blink 182's "All the Small Things." Maybe there's hope.

9:07 AM, August 02, 2007  
Blogger Neel Mehta said...

Congrats to AB. My first concert? Amy Grant, at Six Flags over Georgia. I thought she was loud.

6:08 PM, August 02, 2007  
Blogger Scrivener said...

Congrats to AB on his first concert!

9:28 AM, August 03, 2007  
Anonymous *Justine* said...

Jersey rules!!!!! (Said the girl who grew up there)

I've never seen Pete Yorn in concert (I'd like to though) but I'm glad you all had such fun!!!

4:30 PM, August 06, 2007  

Post a Comment

<< Home