Friday, March 02, 2007

Reasons I'm smiling this shiny, happy Friday

  • As I pulled out of the parking garage after work, I heard Joan Jett's "I Hate Myself For Loving You" on the radio. Cranked that sucker up to 30, and realized I still knew all the words.

  • The snow is almost totally gone now. Today was windy but warm and sunny.

  • Tonight for dinner (Lenten Friday, so no meat for NSAH--heathens like me can eat whatever we wish), NSAH had the bright idea of popcorn shrimp and tater tots. I love it when my dinner goes right from the freezer to the oven to my plate. No prep (unless shaking hot sauce on my shrimp and salt on my tots counts as food prep).

  • NSAH and I are going on a date tomorrow! Woohoo! Grandma's going to watch the boys while we go see a movie.

  • Many fun conversations with AB tonight, including:
    APL: Are you going to be a rock star or a soccer player when you grow up?
    AB: Pirate.

    * * *

    AB: What about the [Cool Friends Who Live Nearby]?
    APL: They're going to have a baby girl!
    AB: What's she called?
    APL: It's a secret.
    AB: Can you tell me?
    APL: Well, I don't know. It's a secret they haven't told anyone.
    AB: Oh.
    APL: But they have cats. Do you remember what their cats' names are?
    AB: What?
    APL: [Boy Cat] aaaaaaaaaand....
    AB: [Girl Cat]! [Girl Cat] is shy!
    APL: Yes, but [Boy Cat] loves people.
    AB: He likes me.

  • I have work to do over the weekend, but it's work I actually want to do. (I'm crazy, I know.)

  • When I was reading ALB his bedtime story, AB came in and stood next to the glider. ALB stopped looking at the book and started staring at him, and then reached out with his little hand for his big brother. AB said, "He likes me!" and pushed his face up to the baby's face. They are so damn sweet, it makes me grin like an idiot.

8 Comments:

Blogger susan said...

Aww...and now I'm smiling, too. AB is such a sweetie!

10:27 PM, March 02, 2007  
Anonymous anna said...

Ah, yes, the prep-less dinner. A thing of beauty.

1:09 AM, March 03, 2007  
Blogger Suburban Gorgon said...

Pirate, huh? It would make my husband so happy if the Kraken would so aspire.

9:43 PM, March 03, 2007  
Blogger liz said...

That boy is so delicious. Mmm...so are tater tots.

Thinking of you today, whilst at Potter You Paint. The owner was watching the game.

9:10 PM, March 04, 2007  
Blogger Yankee, Transferred said...

I love Angry Boy.

2:55 PM, March 05, 2007  
Blogger Jessica said...

I've had that Joan Jett song stuck in my head ever since I first read that post. If only I owned it, and could really hear it. Hmmm, must remedy that.........

6:25 PM, March 05, 2007  
Blogger ccw said...

Sounds like a wonderful Friday!

AB is simply wonderful.

10:25 AM, March 07, 2007  
Blogger kenju said...

Hold those sweet little brother-to-brother moments in your memory, because soon they will be bopping each other over the head with anything they find!

8:54 AM, March 11, 2007  

Post a Comment

<< Home