Monday, February 05, 2007

Too tired

Too tired to post, most of the time. My brain is mush. Perfect time for ... bullets!
  • Holy crud, it's cold. We've got a cold weather advisory tonight because, with the wind chill, it's dipping to ten degrees... below zero. Er, there's a reason I don't live in Massachusetts. And it's that I don't want to live where it gets ten degrees below zero. Ever. I don't want it to feel like ten degrees above zero, fer chrissakes.

  • I like my coworkers. Some more than others. But for the most part, good folks.

  • AB is such an awesome little bookworm. Tonight, he wanted me to read him a bunch of Mr. Men books (mine from when I was a kid). We read Mr. Clumsy, Mr. Bump and Mr. Forgetful. And then I read How Do Dinosaurs Say Goodnight? And then I enticed him to get ready for bed by promising to read Froggy Learns to Swim.

  • AB's been so sweet and clingy lately. He'll scream, "Mommy, I loooooooove you!" and then mush his face up against mine. He'll clamber all over me (and his daddy) and squeal with delight.

  • Angry Little Baby's doing OK, not great. He's been fussier lately, waking up more frequently at night. I don't know if he's hungry, or gassy, or had a nightmare or what. But my default is now to nurse just to get him quiet so I can go right back to bed. I'm so freaking tired.

  • I would love to take some Hybernol and sleep for about six months. Can I please? Can I?

5 Comments:

Blogger OneTiredEma said...

Six months of sleep? I'd take six hours in a row. (But six months also sounds very good.)

How old is ALB now? If I remember correctly there are big brain development spurts at about 12 weeks and at about 19 weeks that can cause all kinds of nightwaking. Plus he might be reverse cycling a little bit for more quality time with you.

I also pretty much roll over and nurse to stop the midnight wanderings; it takes a seismic event to stop all that!

10:12 PM, February 05, 2007  
Blogger Mieke said...

I was always a comfort nurser. I'm all about doing whatever you need to do to get to sleep as quickly as possible.

11:12 PM, February 05, 2007  
Blogger kenju said...

When I had my first baby, he was very colicky, and especially at night. I would lie on the couch with him on my belly (on his stomach) and he would sleep very well in that position.It became a habit for a while, but hey - you take your sleep where you can get it, right?

I am sure that the baby will stop that before too long.

8:06 AM, February 06, 2007  
Blogger Yankee, Transferred said...

Big hugs on the no sleep. I don't know how people do it.

11:04 AM, February 06, 2007  
Blogger LawMommy said...

That sucks about the lack of sleep. I had one of those babies. He's almost 7 years old now, but, when I think about his babyhood (which coincided with 1L of lawschool), all I remember is that awful feeling of being too tired to breathe. Hoping it gets better,
Gretchen

4:42 PM, February 06, 2007  

Post a Comment

<< Home