Monday, January 15, 2007

Somebody get the President a dictionary, Pt. II*

scapegoat: noun; One that is made to bear the blame of others.

---------------------------------


From the Baltimore Sun:

Bush acknowledged that some of the administration's steps contributed to Iraq's instability and said any mistakes should be laid at his feet. "If people want a scapegoat, they got one right here in me 'cause it's my decisions," the president said.


Mr. President? You're not a "scapegoat." You're not bearing the blame of others. It's "[your] decisions," so it's your fault. You don't get to call yourself a "scapegoat." The blame rightly lies with you.


* For Pt. I, go here.

UPDATE: Just because I wanted to post it before Quinn or Neel or NSAH beat me to it:

Kwik-E-Mart Guy: Apu Nahasapeemapetilan, you have disgraced the Kwik-E-Mart Corporation.
Apu: But, sir, I was only following standard procedure.
KEM Guy: Ah, true. But it's also standard procedure to blame any problems on a scapegoat or sacrificial lamb.
Apu: Uh huh, and if I can obtain for you these animals?

5 Comments:

Blogger OneTiredEma said...

Sigh.

If all he needed were a dictionary we'd be in pretty damn good shape (comparatively).

9:33 AM, January 15, 2007  
Blogger kenju said...

The comment above is priceless!

I was going to say that I don't think he has looked at a dictionary since grammar school (maybe not even then).

10:10 AM, January 15, 2007  
Blogger Rev Dr Mom said...

omg.

The man needs a major cluestick. How the fireplace did he ever graduate from Yale? Wait, I don't want to know the answer to that.

11:13 AM, January 15, 2007  
Blogger Yankee, Transferred said...

Ohdeargodinheaven.
How many more days of this madness?

1:45 PM, January 15, 2007  
Blogger ccw said...

You would think by now that he would not be allowed to speak unless he stuck to a script written by someone who has a grasp of the language.

11:53 AM, January 16, 2007  

Post a Comment

<< Home