Tuesday, January 02, 2007

No, you don't know me*

LawMummy tagged me for a meme: I have to list 5 things you don't already know about me. I think I've already divulged everything remotely interesting about me on this blog already, so here are 5 uninteresting things I haven't told you before:

  1. I dated a recovering drug addict who lived in a homeless shelter. While I was in high school. He was 18, I was 14. He was very nice and never pressured me to do anything I wasn't ready for, despite every single adult's warnings to the contrary. I broke up with him after about 3 months. The girl he dated after me? He got her pregnant. He dropped out of high school and they got married... and, shortly thereafter, divorced.

  2. I can play harmonica.

  3. I can't really dance, but I know one tap move: the double time step. I had to learn it for a musical I was in once. That was 16 years ago, but I still remember it.

  4. I can tie a cherry stem in a knot without using my hands, a la Audrey from Twin peaks.

  5. I finished only one book in 2006. That's right, just one. I continued reading 2 books I'd started in '05 (Reading Lolita in Tehran and the no-longer-new Alexander Hamilton bio), but I tired of both of them. The one book I did finish I started on Dec. 28 and finished on Dec. 30. It was Lewis Black's Nothing's Sacred.




*Love this Ray Charles song, used in two of my favorite movies: Groundhog Day and Postcards From the Edge.

9 Comments:

Blogger LawSchoolMom said...

OMG! Swap out "recovering drug addict..lived in a homeless shelter" for "drug dealer..lived with Grandmother" and #1 could be MY life (right down to the age difference).

When I look back on some of the stupid things I've done, I thank my lucky stars I've been able to make it this far! Great post.

9:24 AM, January 02, 2007  
Blogger susan said...

I dunno, they seem pretty interesting things to me. But then, as an English teacher, I'm perhaps more interested in the ins and outs of how people actually handle books (or not) than other readers might be.

#1 will probably be useful for you when you start dealing with AB and ALB when they're dating. I was such a hopelessly compliant child that I am really not suited to dealing with any out-of-the-ordinary behavior. But I have years to work that out.

10:42 AM, January 03, 2007  
Anonymous nsah said...

Yeah, APL will have to handle the dating questions as they come up, at least as they pertain to high school.

I'll be the one saying, "You mean you asked a girl out ... and she said yes? Wow! How'd you do that? OK, ask Mom for advice on what you're supposed to do next."

6:35 PM, January 03, 2007  
Blogger ccw said...

Oh, I have always wanted to be able to tie a knot in a cherry stem.

I am not looking forward to the dating years.

9:58 AM, January 04, 2007  
Blogger Yankee, Transferred said...

These are not boring.

10:32 AM, January 04, 2007  
Anonymous ~Sheryl said...

I don't think they are boring... Are you a Twin Peaks fan?

12:59 PM, January 04, 2007  
Blogger Angry Pregnant Lawyer said...

Sheryl, I was hooked all through the first season (but after the who-killed-Laura-Palmer mystery was solved, I lost interest).

2:58 PM, January 04, 2007  
Blogger halloweenlover said...

I think these are pretty interesting too!

I can do the cherry stem thing also, but it takes me FOREVER.

Happy new year, my friend!

4:45 PM, January 05, 2007  
Anonymous Lawmummy said...

I was a huge Twin Peaks fan meself and had a mad crush on Kyle McLachlan before he reinvented himself on SATC. I used to practice the cherry thing all of the time (I could do it, too).

Great list.

3:28 PM, January 08, 2007  

Post a Comment

<< Home