Saturday, January 06, 2007

Gor. Juss.

I am loving this el Nino stuff. It hit 72 degrees here today. The perfect day for a trip to the zoo. Everyone was in short sleeves. And I have now added the zoo to my very short list of public places I've breastfed a baby. (Does it count if I did it in the parking lot, in the car? I had to keep the door open because the car had been baking in the sun all morning.)

The weather not only brought out us two-legged animals in droves: almost every animal was lying out in the sun. I've been going to the zoo since I was a little kid, and I've never seen so many of the animals before. It's like they were all saying, "Hells yeah, let's soak up some Vitamin D before the cold weather hits again!" It was also our first hike on the zoo's new Asia Trail, which was awesome. Wide paths, decorative rocks, interactive displays. NSAH got some great pictures of the pandas, elephants and cheetahs. And, though Angry Boy whined some, he was well-behaved enough that his daddy bought him toy mama-and-baby chimpanzees. Or, as AB kept calling them, his "Two Panzees!"

Now the baby is sleeping in his room, and the two older boys (AB and NSAH) are at a hockey game. And I'm sitting here with Legally Blonde on basic cable. Gorgeous, wonderful day. Absolutely gorgeous.

4 Comments:

Blogger liz said...

It really was, wasn't it? Sounds like you had a great day!

9:42 PM, January 06, 2007  
Blogger kenju said...

Beautiful here too, but I spent the day cleaning and sweeping the garage and toting boxes to the recycle area of the local dump. Fun stuff, huh?

I sure wish I could have gone to a zoo today.

9:59 PM, January 06, 2007  
Blogger Gina said...

Glad you had a great time!

We are supposed to be in the low eighties for the next couple of days!

It can't be JUST the El Nino...

11:38 PM, January 06, 2007  
Anonymous Genevieve said...

Sounds fabulous! and good for you on the public nursing.

Sadly, I'm sick, but I did some of my lying down on the hammock in the back yard, and some in the rocking lounge thing on the front porch. Didn't want to waste a gorgeous day completely.

11:54 AM, January 07, 2007  

Post a Comment

<< Home