Tuesday, December 19, 2006

When I played my hand, I looked like a joker

The weather has been so nice, so this is my strolling around the neighborhood with ALB Ten:

  1. "9 Crimes" by Damien Rice

  2. "Lonesome Loser" by Little River Band*

  3. "New Day" by Kate Havnevik

  4. "Precious" by Depeche Mode

  5. "Remember Me as a Time of Day" by Explosions in the Sky

  6. "Winning" by Santana

  7. "You and I Are a Gang of Losers" by the Dears

  8. "Saint of Me" by the Rolling Stones

  9. "Life is Short" by Butterfly Boucher

  10. "Look at Her Face" by the Coral Sea


*OK, Gary didn't stop being my friend after the Christopher Cross admission. I wonder if this Little River Band admission will push him over the edge.

5 Comments:

Blogger Addy N. said...

OK, I admit it! I like LRB, too! It's music from my 70s childhood!

9:03 AM, December 19, 2006  
Blogger Bedevere said...

I try not to be an insufferable music snob, but Jeez Louise, APL! How can I maintain my bloggy crush on you in the face of such a revelation? I know you've got a soft spot for LRB, but "Lonesome Loser" is not their best. And "Winning" may be even worse. Still, right now on my iPod is Grand Funk Railroad and Pat Benatar, so who am I to judge?

4:40 PM, December 19, 2006  
Blogger Angry Pregnant Lawyer said...

Hey, Pat Benatar ROCKS!

5:31 PM, December 19, 2006  
Anonymous nsah said...

OK, I looked it up --

The vocalist on Winning was Alex Ligertwood. Going by the Wikipedia count, he's one of 60 people not named Santana to have played in Santana over the years.

I looked it up because (A) I happen to like the song and (B) I've had a crush of my own on APL for more than 10 years now.

5:40 PM, December 19, 2006  
Anonymous ~Sheryl said...

I love that LRB tune and I haven't heard it for ages...

Nice reminder.

2:11 PM, December 20, 2006  

Post a Comment

<< Home