Saturday, December 02, 2006

Sleep, glorious sleep

I now know that blogging about my sleep--or not blogging about it, as the case may be--in no way affects how much sleep I get the following night. There is no jinx. So: last night, for the second time in more than 2 months, I got 5 straight hours of sleep. That's five in a row, baby. Felt like a million bucks for much of today.

In fact, today was the first day in ... well, in for-freakin-ever that I woke up on my own. Just calmly, peacefully stretched and shook off the sleep. Normally I am woken up (1) by AB yelling for assistance because he's dropped one of his gazillion toys out of his bed, or (2) by the baby hollering because he's hungry or because he's having gas issues. It's not like they let me sleep in or anything (I woke up at 7:30), but it still felt wonderful.

10 Comments:

Blogger honeykbee said...

Congrats! Hope you get some more good shut eye, soon! There's nothing quite like it...

10:11 PM, December 02, 2006  
Blogger Phantom Scribbler said...

Wishing you more nights like the last...

10:16 PM, December 02, 2006  
Anonymous KathyR said...

Yeah. Oof. Quiet, kids. Mommy's sleeping!

10:44 PM, December 02, 2006  
Blogger mc said...

I am ever so jealous! But how fabulous for you.

8:39 AM, December 03, 2006  
Blogger Jessica said...

Good for you....when my boy was small, I remember just wanting to sleep until I felt like getting up - I marveled that I ever did it to begin with, it seemed so foreign to me.

10:12 AM, December 03, 2006  
Blogger Butterflyfish said...

Yeah, I generally get sleep now and I can't conceive of the 2 hour bursts that I was doing not long ago. Mommyhood is a *yawn* beautiful thing.

Regarding the comment at my place -- nothing induces guilt like a toddler who can TELL YOU how much you hurt him when you nicked his finger. Baby cries that can be quieted with a little boob action don't compare.

11:24 AM, December 03, 2006  
Blogger liz said...

Yippee!!!

4:11 PM, December 03, 2006  
Blogger Mieke said...

Sleep. Glorious sleep! Oh how I share your love of sleep! And...this weekend while away from my family to study for finals, I slept 8.5 hours a night for three nights. That's right. I didn't wake up until 8am or so. My husband on the other hand, back at the homestead, had to deal with the early morning duty (6 am is our regular wake up time!) I share your glee!!!

Of course, I am home now so...well, it was nice while it lasted.

12:34 AM, December 04, 2006  
Blogger halloweenlover said...

Hurray! But I have to admit that on this side, 5 hours seems like so little! Are you sure my baby won't sleep 9 hours at a time? Please?

2:00 PM, December 04, 2006  
Blogger ccw said...

I have woken up one time on my own since Nonami has been born. It was heaven!

9:06 AM, December 06, 2006  

Post a Comment

<< Home