Tuesday, December 05, 2006

Number one with a bullet


  • Six: Number of holiday parties we've had to turn down for the December 15-17th weekend alone.

  • Three: Number of events we've got planned for that weekend.

  • One: Number of those aforementioned events that do not involve either Angry Boy or the baby (NSAH and I are going to my favorite fancy restaurant).

  • Zero: Number of nice outfits that currently fit me. Hopefully I can lose a few pounds in the next two weeks.

  • Three: Number of pounds I lost over the past two days because I was sick to my stomach and feverish. Feeling much better now, though.

  • Two: Number of new matters/clients I've brought to the firm while on leave. Not bad for an absent employee, eh?

  • Five: Number of people I still need to get presents for. My stepdad, a stepsister, a cousin, my secretary and NSAH. The good news is I already know what I'm getting three of them. And if my mom doesn't get back to me on what stepdad and stepsis want, I can always get them beer (I mean good beer, but still... yes, we're that kind of family. Jealous?).

9 Comments:

Anonymous *Justine* said...

"Zero: Number of nice outfits that currently fit me. Hopefully I can lose a few pounds in the next two weeks."

I feel pudge ever since Thanksgiving. This time of the year SUX for that. Hang in there.

5:40 PM, December 05, 2006  
Blogger Tom Bozzo said...

Jealous? Absolutely -- you would not believe what I have to go through to try to convince my mother that we don't need more Stuff.

Re: zero, I am wearing the black suit I got married in b/c I can't fit in the dark blue suit that's just slighty older but predates a cohabitation-driven weight gain (as I had stopped eating my no-fat bachelor chow at the time). But eight months of bike commuting has taken the other suit from impossible to merely uncomfortable, so maybe there's hope.

7:13 PM, December 05, 2006  
Blogger mc said...

Wow, you are teh popular, huh? We have two things to do that same weekend, one of which is my brother-in-law's CD release party. Can I tell you how much I am looking forward to a night out at a gen-yoo-wine rock club? And two nights of babysitters in a row?

8:41 PM, December 05, 2006  
Blogger ccw said...

I am 20 pounds over my pre-pregnancy weight but right at my pre-NSBH weight so I am hoping that something fits me. I am afraid to look.

9:08 AM, December 06, 2006  
Blogger halloweenlover said...

What is it about that weekend? We have 3 parties that weekend, and that is the ONLY weekend that we have been invited to parties! People seem to think that other weekends are no good!

The beer thing made me laugh.

4:42 PM, December 06, 2006  
Blogger Yankee, Transferred said...

Beer is an EXCELLENT gift. I just had to buy a new dressy winter outfit because I have two that I have been alternating for the last several years. It felt good to shop for myself.

5:01 PM, December 06, 2006  
Blogger Janelle Renee said...

I'm not jealous. I'm VERY jealous!

(If you'd said you were going to get them a case of good wine, why, I'd be VERY to the tenth power jealous.)

5:39 PM, December 06, 2006  
Blogger Lawyer Mama said...

There must be *something* about that weekend! Same problem here. I'm going for the party with the best booze.

8:31 PM, December 06, 2006  
Blogger Kate C. said...

Beer is an excellent gift! I have given it to several family members and they are always thrilled. Who wouldn't be?

6:51 PM, December 08, 2006  

Post a Comment

<< Home