Thursday, December 14, 2006

Hating my ISP

No, I haven't been ignoring you. I've been locked out of the Internets since Sunday night. Not sure how long I'll have a connection, either.

I had a dozen posts in my head, too, and I neglected to write them down. And now I can't remember what they were. So here's some diarrhea of the mind:

  • I am a whirling dervish (is there any other kind of dervish?) in the kitchen these days. A few nights ago, I made tilapia with a side of stuffing, and tonight we had chicken piccata with sauted green beans. YUM.

  • AB went over to Grandma's house and made sugar cookies and a gingerbread house. Well, my mom made the house, but he decorated it. He did a really good job, so I feel really guilty about the fact that I've been eating all the shingles (gummi Lifesavers) off of the roof. Seriously, have you tried the gummi Lifesavers? They rock my socks.

  • NSAH, ALB and I went and got a real tree today. I think the last time we bought a real tree, it was $40. Inflation's a bitch.

  • The weather in DC has been wonderful. It's been up over 60 for days, and will continue to be nice over the weekend. Which means I've been able to get off my fat ass and get some exercise with ALB. Now if only I could stop eating everything in the house...

  • Are you watching Friday Night Lights yet? Because it really can't get any better. And I can't decide who I'm more in love with: Kyle Chandler (Coach Taylor) or Connie Britton (Tami Taylor).

  • Who's going to see Charlotte's Web? I'm sure AB will want to go, but I don't know if my heart can take it. I get weepy just reading the book. I'm much more excited about Night at the Museum, which will probably be too PG for AB, but if I see it first, I can decide if he'd like it. He loves the movie posters, which show the T Rex.


Let's hope my Internet connection doesn't crap out again. I haven't read any of your blogs this week, and it's going to take a looooooooong time to read them all.

13 Comments:

Blogger La Turista said...

I have to go with the coach - he so reminds me of my dad when he was coaching. And although I like Tami, I have a hard time believing that they would let the guidance counselor, of all people, show that much boob at school. Really, check out her clothes.

9:09 PM, December 14, 2006  
Blogger Lawyer Mama said...

I loooooooove Gummi Lifesavers! I'm seriously addicted.

9:22 PM, December 14, 2006  
Blogger kenju said...

I don't watch that show, but I might start if Kyle is in it. He is great!

9:39 PM, December 14, 2006  
Blogger Bedevere said...

I'm more of a lounging dervish myself.

7:55 AM, December 15, 2006  
Blogger ccw said...

There's glue on our gingerbread house. The cats take pieces of the house and leave them in the floor. I am a bad mommy and replace the pieces with glue. Do not ever eat gingerbread decorations at our house!

I also want to see Charlotte's Web, but Kid L is dying to see eragon. So, we will see that movie first.

9:37 AM, December 15, 2006  
Blogger Scrivener said...

You should check out my posts from Tuesday...

3:43 PM, December 15, 2006  
Blogger Neel Mehta said...

Seen Charlotte's Web, reviewed it here. Similar to the book. Less depressing than the cartoon film version.

5:54 PM, December 15, 2006  
Blogger Mieke said...

I also am a dervish in the kitchen. Just made about a thousand gingerbread star of David cookies with sugar glaze for the Chanukkah party I am throwing for the kids tomorrow. We had the first night tonight and I made a half meat half cheese-only lasagna, garlic spinach, fresh sliced tomatoes from the farmers' market (they are soooo good) with a wicked dressing, and of course donuts (but I didn't make those). Tomorrow two roast chickens one in a pomegranate sauce, the other in 50 cloves of garlic and latkes, latkes, good to eat. It's good to have a break from school and just be domestic mama. I am very happy tonight.

11:36 PM, December 15, 2006  
Blogger Suburban Gorgon said...

Mmmm, you had me at tilapia.

11:56 PM, December 15, 2006  
Blogger liz said...

Sounds like a good week. Blogger playdate next week or so?

12:36 PM, December 16, 2006  
Anonymous Justine said...

"Are you watching Friday Night Lights yet?"

Yup -- although I've missed a couple of episodes here and there. Oh, and I'm straight, but Connie Britton looks hot these days. (I've known who she is ever since "The Brothers McMullen")

"Who's going to see Charlotte's Web?" Not sure if I'll get around to it in the theatres, but I'm sure I'll see it at some point, and Steve Buscemi is a perfect choice for Templeton.

12:16 AM, December 17, 2006  
Blogger OneTiredEma said...

Charlotte's Web was my hands down favorite book as a kid, so I am afraid of them ruining it. And I really don't see Dakota Fanning as Fern. But I promised my mom I'd see the movie with her; my brother (who is 19) refused her invite.

10:24 AM, December 18, 2006  
Blogger honeykbee said...

I'll go see Charlotte if you go! Got my tissues right here...

3:40 PM, December 19, 2006  

Post a Comment

<< Home