Friday, December 29, 2006

Bullets of a lazy Friday

  • AB's home again today--his fever went up almost to 104 this morning, but it has since come down to 100. We're lying in my bed, watching the animated Charlotte's Web (a Christmas present from Grandpa that he requests we watch every day) on the TV.

  • I've been tagged for a meme by LawMummy but I can't think of 5 things you don't already know about me. Well, 5 things that I can share with you all, anyway. I'll need some time to think about this....

  • Can't wait to start using some of my Christmas present gift cards. Especially the one for the Container Store. Jealous?

  • One of my favorite Christmas presents has been put to good use already: NSAH got me a labelmaker. Now, I know there are some women who would be angered to get such a practical, unromantic gift from their husbands. Not me! I love it! (Of course, I'm also the type of woman who would love to get a new bathroom scale for a present.) I've been using it to label ALB's bottles. Once I go to the Container Store, I'm sure I'll be labeling even more stuff. Huzzah for organization!

  • I started reading Lewis Black's Nothing Sacred last night (got it from my dad and stepmom). It's fast reading, and I'm really enjoying it. I even laughed out loud a few times. One of the reasons I really like it, though, is that he writes a lot about growing up in the DC suburbs, and how that can warp your views on politics. He's completely correct. The first time I lived away from the DC area, I was amazed that people didn't talk about politics at parties, that people didn't seem very interested in congressional goings-on. It was refreshing, actually.

  • So, can I start getting excited about my man John Edwards? Or is it way too soon?

9 Comments:

Blogger Mrs. Coulter said...

In college, I was amazed to discover how attentively informed about politics my friends from DC were, even the English majors. Now that I live here, it just seems normal.

And yes, you can get excited about John Edwards! At last, someone besides Obama and Hillary is willing to enter the fray.

10:24 AM, December 29, 2006  
Anonymous Genevieve said...

I'll put that book on my reading list! I love reading books with a local setting, especially nonfiction. (Frank Rich's "Ghost Light" is another good one.)

Hey, if you come to my Container Store, let me know!! It's walking distance from my house and I'd love to meet you at last -- we could have coffee, let the boys play a little -- or if you don't have time for that, I could just meet up with you and do my Container Store shopping too.

10:27 AM, December 29, 2006  
Blogger liz said...

I wanna go to the container store with you and Genevieve!

10:55 AM, December 29, 2006  
Anonymous Genevieve said...

Yes! Yes! Blogger meetup, baby!

Would tomorrow in the morning or laaate afternoon work? (we have a matinee)

1:12 PM, December 29, 2006  
Blogger DaniGirl said...

Is there really such a place as the "container store"? Be still my heart. And you have both a container fetish and a label fetish? You may in fact be my long-lost twin...

2:07 PM, December 29, 2006  
Anonymous Genevieve said...

Danigirl, betake yourself to www.containerstore.com !

3:29 PM, December 29, 2006  
Blogger AAYOR said...

I haven't been to the Container Store in AGES. I'm so glad that you brought it up.... And the label maker sounds like something that I'd get pretty fired up about. I'm super weird about organization....

9:47 PM, December 29, 2006  
Blogger kenju said...

Your man, John? Oh, no - he's MY man!
I guess we can share......LOL

10:11 PM, December 29, 2006  
Anonymous whymommy said...

Well, now I want to come to the Container Store too! But I'm still on bed rest for a couple weeks. Maybe next time? ALB and Whybaby will be pretty close in age!

I luuuuve John Edwards. I actually signed up on his campaign web site yesterday, and that's a new step for me! Are you thinking of campaigning?

9:04 PM, December 30, 2006  

Post a Comment

<< Home