Sunday, December 10, 2006

A break from the kiddos

Grandpa to the rescue last week! He came over one midday to babysit ALB so that NSAH and I could go out and have lunch together. We hadn't had lunch, just the two of us, in ages. We had the best burgers in Washington, and then we split up and did some shopping. I got NSAH's present (he knows what it is, but I still won't spill the beans here), and then exercised much restraint while shopping in the Store of the Mouse. All of the Pirates merchandise was 40% off, so I bought AB a shirt I think he'll like and a few stocking stuffers.

I also bought myself a couple of magazines (Cooking Light and Real Simple) while in the bookstore. While I was in the magazine section, I saw--for the first time--Cookie magazine! I'd never seen it before and had actually forgotten all about it.

And, though I saw the December Rachael Ray magazine, and coveted some of the recipes inside, I refrained from buying it (because, you know... she punches unicorns).

Internet's been out for a few days, hence the light posting. And the fact that we've been entertaining AB by repeated viewings of that sexist, nose-ist claptrap, Rudolph the Red-Nosed Reindeer. Saw it twice before naptime today, actually. At least the weather's not so frigid anymore--NSAH is going to take him to the playground so he can run around and get the snot rolling later this afternoon. Hurray!

5 Comments:

Blogger Quinn said...

Yes, Rudolph is fairly asinine, but it is surprisingly gay-positive for the time. After all, that Misfit Elf was clearly gay. He may as well have wanted to be a florist instead of a dentist.

9:35 PM, December 10, 2006  
Anonymous nutso-ranter said...

What??!? Herbie??!!?! GAY??!!?!

who knew?

7:51 AM, December 11, 2006  
Anonymous *Justine* said...

hee. "Mrs. Donner and Clarice wanted to come, but were told 'No, this is MAN's WORK!!" (You're not a man, you're a reindeer! LOL)

in Chicago, we did "Rudolph the Red-*Hosed* Reindeer," which featured Rudolph as a reindeer who was into cross-dressing. ;)

6:34 PM, December 12, 2006  
Anonymous *Justine* said...

Oh, forgot one of my favorite lines:

"WHY weren't you at ELF practice????"



also like:

"Land HO!!!!!"
"no kidding!!!!"

6:35 PM, December 12, 2006  
Blogger halloweenlover said...

Glad to hear that you got a lunch out together!

I need ideas for gifts for Josh. I've been operating on "baby should be enough". That's fine, right?

6:31 PM, December 13, 2006  

Post a Comment

<< Home