Saturday, December 23, 2006

All I want for Christmas...

...is a stable Internet connection. Yeah, it's been out again.

Tonight, my dad and stepmom came over and we exchanged presents. AB made out like a bandit, with a huge stuffed T. Rex, a baby T. Rex, two dinosaur books, a cool animal puzzle, the Word Whammer, and the DVD of the animated Charlotte's Web. I promised AB we could watch that tomorrow. If he likes it, I'll probably take him to see the new one out in theaters. Still on the fence about whether to take him to Night at the Museum. Waiting to hear back from my cousins as to whether it will scare him (they're good judges of that).

Thankfully, they didn't go overboard on gifts for ALB. He got a teddy bear and a cute Christmas outfit (which was perfect timing, because his two other Christmas outfits are in the hamper with spit-up stains).

Tomorrow is a day of rest, with NSAH taking AB to church for the first time ever (I hope it goes well!), and me doing some baking, possibly with AB's help. I don't think we're doing anything fancy for dinner, especially since I made a nice dinner for the family tonight. I'm tempted just to heat up some frozen popcorn shrimp and maybe make my cheesy arborio rice. Does anyone do a big Christmas Eve dinner?

7 Comments:

Blogger liz said...

Y'all can come on over and share our ham with us. Bring your cheesy arborio rice with you!

10:15 PM, December 23, 2006  
Blogger mc said...

My side of the family does the big Italian seven fish thing for Christmas
Eve. But alas, this year it will be happening without us. We're going to D's aunt's. She has never hosted a big family gathering before and is totally petrified. I have no idea what to expect but suspect there will be good stories afterwards...

10:30 PM, December 23, 2006  
Blogger Jody said...

Yes, because when we're in Mosquito State, the big Christmas celebration happens on Christmas Eve. It's a Scandinavian thing, I think.

We're actually having Swedish meatballs and Lutefisk tomorrow night and Turkey and stuffing on Monday. Wish me luck, my mother shows every sign of being disappointed in my cooking and festive planning already, and she hasn't even arrived yet.

Merry Christmas!

11:37 PM, December 23, 2006  
Anonymous KathyR said...

I always make chili and cornbread on Christmas Eve. It's become our tradition.

Easy and good!

Merry Christmas to you & all of your boys!

8:36 AM, December 24, 2006  
Anonymous Lisa V said...

On Christmas eve, dinner is shoved in between 2 parties and church. I usually make soup, since the kids eat so much at the parties they aren't really hungry.

Christmas Day? Alaskan salmon caught by a friend of ours, potatoes with leeks, lemon green beans, ceasar salad, homemade rolls, carmelized carrots, and cranberry apple crisp for dessert.

10:05 AM, December 24, 2006  
Blogger Scrivener said...

Merry Christmas to you and to the whole Angry family!

11:59 AM, December 24, 2006  
Anonymous anonanemone said...

We always had a big, fancy Christmas Eve dinner, followed by a late, fancy Christmas breakfast. The rest of Christmas was spent picking at leftovers from Christmas Eve. Since it is just my fiance and I, we're making a Christmas Eve dinner and going out for Sushi Christmas day.
Merry Christmas!

1:42 PM, December 24, 2006  

Post a Comment

<< Home