Monday, November 06, 2006

Thanks

Thank you for the sympathetic comments on the previous post. I cracked up when I read Anonymous' one-word comment, "FEBERIZE," mostly because, in my sleep-deprived state, I thought it read: "FEBREEZE." Hahaha. Next time Angry Baby can't calm down, I promise to spray him with disinfectant.

(Psst, I think you meant "Ferberize." I know this because I am not only familiar with the Ferber method, I used it--or at least a modified version of it that worked with AB.)

Things are better today. Baby went a whopping 4 hours between feedings last night (9:30 pm to 1:30 am), which may not sound like a lot, but when you've been sleeping in 2-hour chunks, a 3.5-hour chunk feels like a freakin' miracle. So I'm doing OK. Plus, it's always harder to deal with a crying baby when you're alone. NSAH was out during yesterday's screamfest--a fact for which he apologized profusely, even though it's not remotely his fault. Or anyone's fault. No one can ever tell when a baby is going to have one of those days. You just deal with it and move on.

But again, thanks for your kind comments.

7 Comments:

Anonymous kelly said...

Oh, I so understand.

Chris is in Germany and I have three crazy kids right now while he's gone. Charlie has a cold and would rather snack through the night than sleep - he starts being cranky around 5am.

So I feel your pain. Really.

2:24 PM, November 06, 2006  
Blogger liz said...

Lots and lots of hugs. I'm glad last night was better.

4:03 PM, November 06, 2006  
Anonymous nutso-ranter said...

Ohhhh, I'm sorry I missed you in your hour(s) of need!

Yes it is NSAH's "fault" that he was out during the scream fest. At least, I always blame my husband when he is out at the wrong time.

What... that's not fair?

I, too, thought anonymous wrote "Febreeze". he he he.

9:07 AM, November 07, 2006  
Anonymous Anne Glamore said...

I'm sympathizing! I've been hanging out with my little sister and her new baby and it's bringing back all kids of memories about those sleepless hours. Having a newborn made me understand why they use sleep deprivation as a form of torture.

And i'm a big ferberizer, but i also use lots of Febreeze, so cool either way.

12:14 PM, November 07, 2006  
Blogger Yankee, Transferred said...

So sorry about the scream-fest. I used to trade babies for an hour with a friend whose baby had colic-I'd walk to her house and take her screamer back to mine whileshe got to hold the calm OD. I didn't care that her baby was screaming because I knew it wasn't my fault. I was able to administer "detached sympathy".
Wish I lived down the street.

2:02 PM, November 07, 2006  
Blogger susan said...

Wow, Yankee, I wish you lived down the street from me!

I'm glad Angry Baby was not-so-angry tonight. Bad bedtimes are no fun for anyone. You have an admirably good attitude about it all.

How is Angry Boy about the occasional screaming fit?

10:09 PM, November 07, 2006  
Blogger Angry Pregnant Lawyer said...

Susan, I am happy that Angry Boy is such a good sleeper. Every morning I ask him if the baby woke him up, and he always says "no." The only time the baby's screaming annoys him is when he's trying to hear the TV (last night all 4 of us were on the bed watching "The Great Pumpkin" for the millionth time).

9:27 AM, November 08, 2006  

Post a Comment

<< Home