More bullets of the zombified APL
- Took New Kid to the doctor today. He. Is. BIG. The nurses and doctor were cracking up, calling him my little football player. They're totally right. I mean, we all thought AB was a linebacker when he was a baby, but DAMN. Today New Kid weighed in at more than 14 pounds. Kid's in the 94th percentile for weight, 89th for height. Jeezum crow. It's even funnier if you've seen me in real life (I am not a big person). I fear that both my boys will tower over me by the time they're in their tumultuous early teen years. Hopefully, I'll be the kind of mama who continues to strike fear into their hearts and keeps them in line anyway, despite the size differential.
- I'm still loving Friday Night Lights.
- I did some Christmas wrapping yesterday. Wrapping in November--how organized am I?! While wrapping, I heard 2 of my favorite Christmas songs on the radio: Greg Lake's "I Believe In Father Christmas" and the Waitresses' "Christmas Wrapping." The stations never play one of my other favorites: Bob & Doug MacKenzie's "The 12 Days of Christmas." "TWELVE!" "And welcome to day twelve..." I smile just thinking about it.
- I'm trying out a new chicken dish in the crockpot tonight. Hope it turns out well. I think everything we've cooked using that thing has been quite yummy. Makes me wonder why crockpots are always the butt of jokes. I think ours is swell.
- We've gotten out all of our children's Christmas books, which we pack away with the Christmas decorations. So far, I think AB's favorite is How the Grinch Stole Christmas. I've hidden the one about how Elmo saves Christmas--it was horrible to read.
- Does anyone else do that? Hide the books you hate to read? I probably shouldn't hide them... I should give them away to Goodwill or something instead.