Wednesday, November 08, 2006

I have no accent

What American accent do you have?
Your Result: The Midland

"You have a Midland accent" is just another way of saying "you don't have an accent." You probably are from the Midland (Pennsylvania, southern Ohio, southern Indiana, southern Illinois, and Missouri) but then for all we know you could be from Florida or Charleston or one of those big southern cities like Atlanta or Dallas. You have a good voice for TV and radio.

The West
Boston
North Central
The Inland North
Philadelphia
The South
The Northeast
What American accent do you have?
Take More Quizzes


What the quiz doesn't tell you is that I can do a convincing Southern accent (not deep South, though), as well as a Bronx accent, and (if I'm watching a Sox game) a Boston accent.

5 Comments:

Blogger Not so little sister said...

I got "The South" which makes sense because I was born there and lived there until I was 13. My language patterns definitely follow the South. I never get the difference between pin and pen. But I do feel like a phony when I say y'all.

2:26 PM, November 08, 2006  
Blogger kenju said...

I got "the Inland North", which is odd, since I was born in WV and lived in VA and NC. I am more southern than anything else, but perhaps because I was an English major, I notice the differences in words more than others do.

5:21 PM, November 08, 2006  
Blogger Jessica said...

Hah - this is great! I grew up in Southeast Missouri and then lived in Northeast Arkansas for six years....now that I live in St. Louis (which the good folks in my former AR neighborhood would call being a Yankee), people are perpetually confused by my muddled and mixed accent.

2:37 PM, November 09, 2006  
Blogger Blonde Justice said...

Eh, mine was totally wrong. And that's all I'll say about that.

10:17 PM, November 09, 2006  
Anonymous Betsy said...

Got completely pegged as Boston, correctly. I think "horrible" was the giveaway there.

10:31 PM, December 24, 2006  

Post a Comment

<< Home