Tuesday, November 07, 2006

Election Day

I voted after the morning rush. I was sad to see so many people in line holding the Republican sample ballot. But I wasn't surprised. After all, I live in a place with a lot o' rich folks, and unlike myself, they don't all vote against their own economic interests.

Every other blog is exhorting you to vote (which is good). This blog is reminding you to watch Comedy Central tonight for Jon Stewart & Stephen Colbert's Midterm Midtacular (starts 11 p.m. EST). (Oh, and Dan Rather's going to be there, too.)

6 Comments:

Blogger Quinn said...

Midterm Midtacular! Hells yes. Let's hope it's not the only bright spot on the day.

4:06 PM, November 07, 2006  
Blogger Not so little sister said...

Where I live there was a candidate running for the state senate named John (with an N) Stewart. I considered voting for him just based on his name, but he's on the "wrong side of the aisle" for me. But yea for the Midterm Midtacular!

5:28 PM, November 07, 2006  
Blogger Not so little sister said...

Sorry, I meant John Stewart (with an H). They both have Ns...silly, me! :)

5:28 PM, November 07, 2006  
Blogger liz said...

I met a ton of STRONG Dems today and many fewer proud Republicans.

7:32 PM, November 07, 2006  
Blogger Songbird said...

Please, please tell me that No.Va. will turn the tide for Webb. Please!

10:27 PM, November 07, 2006  
Blogger OneTiredEma said...

I so wanted to be alert for the Daily Show, but once I went to lie down next to the baby to lull him back to sleep at 10:30 it was All.Over.

11:13 AM, November 08, 2006  

Post a Comment

<< Home