Tuesday, October 10, 2006

Yes, more random bullets of sleeplessness (and some grrr)

  • The baby eats waaaaaay more frequently than I had expected. Unfortunately, he doesn't eat big, hearty, long-sleep-inducing meals. He'll cry and cry like he's starving, then when I start to feed him, he'll eat for about 2 minutes and pull away, like he's saying, "Enough, mom." Grrr.

  • Some Jackass let his dog crap in our front yard this afternoon, while we were home. NSAH saw him do it, and took off after him. Jackass, sensing someone was behind him and obviously guilt-ridden, took off in a run and went down another street. NSAH called off the hunt, but I'm hopeful that Jackass will think twice before letting his dog leave any crap in our yard again. I swear, it's Jackasses like that who give all dog-owners (such as myself) a bad name. Grrr. Still, NSAH gets props for trying to chase him down.

  • AB was very sweet tonight. We did lots and lots of dinosaur puzzles, and he was very good about going to bed on time.

  • We had an awesome dinner tonight (a shepherd's pie, dropped off by my buddy Nutso Ranter), and I'll be enjoying the leftovers for a few days. Seriously, it's the best shepherd's pie, from the local pie store. (And can I just say how much I love having a local pie store?)

  • Made my first mom-and-baby shopping trip today. Had to get a new baby bathtub at the Target. That's pretty much all I did today. But heck, that's the best thing about maternity leave. If you accomplish one thing all day, you're golden. Tomorrow I will try to run TWO errands (Post Office to pick up a priority mail box to send a certain bloggy pal my X-Files DVDs, and the bank to get some cash). May the Force be with me.

11 Comments:

Blogger Quinn said...

Indeed, may the Force be with you. (Response: And also with you.)

I heartily concur with the if-I-accomplish-one-thing-then-great! sentiment of early maternity days. I remember when WB was about 2 weeks old, I had a conversation with Spouse about how I needed to pay the credit card bill. I immediately went to the computer, logged onto my banking site, and proceeded to have to feed/change/hold/whatever a cranky WB. Oh, well.

Keep up the good work.

11:39 PM, October 10, 2006  
Blogger mc said...

Good luck with the errands! There was a conversation over at Ask Moxie a week or so ago about when it's ok to take a newborn out in public; turns out that a large percentage of commenters -- plus yours truly -- took the wee one to Target for his/her public debut! I think there's something about the wide aisles and not-so-harsh lighting that make it perfect for a first outing.

7:17 AM, October 11, 2006  
Anonymous KathyR said...

I took my one and only to a Mexican restaurant for his first outing. I needed a margarita way more than I needed anything at Target...

Good luck to you!

8:54 AM, October 11, 2006  
Blogger SuzanH said...

Wow - you managed to go to Target with the baby? That's enough of an accomplishment for a week.

No rush on the dvds - it's not liek you don't have 8,000 other things to do (like feed the baby for 2 minutes at a time - how frustrating).

I can't believe that someone would let their dog poop in someone else's yard. What is WRONG with people.

Enjoy your maternity leave. Hope Starving Boy enjoyed the new tub.

9:35 AM, October 11, 2006  
Blogger ccw said...

Not picking up the poop? Awful. I carry bags when I walk the dog since he is always hell bent on getting on someone else's lawn.

5 months after Nonami's birth and I am only up to 3 places at a time. That is my absolute limit if I have 2 or all 3 kids.

10:00 AM, October 11, 2006  
Blogger halloweenlover said...

I need to make a list of what I should and should not expect to accomplish with a new baby, huh?

Tell baby that he needs to settle in for a big meal! He shouldn't be driving his mommy crazy!

6:21 PM, October 11, 2006  
Anonymous Lawmummy said...

I had the same thing with my kids.

Katie was so intense about everything, so feeding time was over and done shortly.

When Amy showed up, she was a "sip, sip, sleeper." What a change. So, my condolences.

It gets better! Wait until they play together, you'll melt.

9:51 PM, October 11, 2006  
Anonymous KLee said...

I have Jerkass neighbors who *deliberately* "walk" their dog on our lawn to poop. They are such dinks. I asked them politely several times to stop, and they got all nasty, saying it wasn't their dog. (Never mind the fact that I SAW them on a number of occasions.)

I fixed them good, though. The asshole guy that walks the dog let him poop on my lawn, and then left for an errand. When he returned about 15 minutes later and went inside, I placed the poop on top of his hot truck hood. It sort of melted and oozed all over the place. Ever since then, we haven't had much trouble out of them. Aren't I evil?

10:41 PM, October 11, 2006  
Blogger Lawmommy said...

My first post-baby outing was target too. How funny. Yes, its amazing how great it feels to accomplish *one* nonbaby related thing. Some days for me, that was a shower. Just so you know, Halloweenlover :-)

12:21 AM, October 12, 2006  
Blogger DaniGirl said...

We don't have Target up here in Ottawa (boo hoo), but I still clearly remember the sense of dread and then accomplishment at taking two out for the first time - to WalMart!

I forgot about the 'one task per day' mentality of early mat leave... ah, something to look forward to!

1:30 PM, October 13, 2006  
Blogger Scrivener said...

My first baby outing with Ella was to Barnes and Noble.

Nonetheless, congratulations on managing the errand-running. Rock on.

5:27 PM, October 15, 2006  

Post a Comment

<< Home