Random bullets of sleeplessness
- Go Tigers!
- This new guy sure can eat. Saturday night (defined as the 10-hour period from 10 pm to 8 am) I don't think I got even 3 hours of sleep. Thankfully last night he woke me up only a few times, so I'm feeling tremendously rested. That's not sarcasm--I'd forgotten how well my body adjusts to surviving on 5-6 hours of sleep a night when I'm doing the new-mom thing.
- New guy also has his eyes open more during the day than AB did at this age. AB basically just slept and ate during his first few weeks. That's my recollection, anyway. This guy likes to look around at his surroundings. And he has a relatively good temperment, except during the apparently traumatic diaper changes. Oh, the indignity! The wailing!
- Like my first maternity leave, this time off is allowing me to catch up on movies. I've already seen: Hotel Rwanda, Walk the Line, School of Rock, and X-Men 3: The Last Stand. Hotel Rwanda had me crying, Walk the Line was very good, and School of Rock had its moments. As someone who loved (to the point of near obsession) the first two X-Men movies, I can only say I was very disappointed in the third one. I wasn't emotionally invested at all.
- I'm also enjoying the new fall TV season ("Ugly Betty" and "Studio 60" are my two new shows, and this week is the start of "30 Rock").
- I still don't fit into my jeans (even my mid-pregnancy "fat jeans"), but I've lost 20 pounds in less than 2 weeks, which is nice. Still, thank goodness for trackpants.
- The new Toyota ads that use the song "Vehicle" aren't making me want to buy a Toyota, but I am heading over to iTunes to see if I can buy that Ides of March song.