Monday, September 11, 2006

Blogging meme

Bernie tagged me for a blogging meme. Normally, I'd cringe at the pressure, but my mind is mush and so I'm happy to have this meme to do (thanks, Bernie).

Why do you blog?

I started my first blog (not on Blogger) as a means of making myself keep track of the progress I was making on a screenplay. I also thought it was good if I was writing anything, even if I wasn't writing the screenplay. That blog kind of devolved into a site for personal and political rantings, quiz results, etc. You know, like this blog.

How long have you been blogging?
Since October 2002 (and you can see from the Archives, right, how long I've been with Blogger).

Self-Portrait:
Um, no.

Why do readers read your blog?
I don't know. I mean, I guess the obvious answer is that some of them like what I write and/or how I write it. I don't like to analyze it, because... well, as you know, I don't handle praise well. The interesting thing is that I can never predict which posts will get the most traffic or comments. I can post something quasi-political or quasi-cultural and get maybe 6 or 7 comments, and then I'll post something about the grooming oddities of my son and get 20 comments. I really like the fact that it's unpredictable.

What was the last search phrase someone used to get to your site?
"Fresh mozzarella pregnant." I get a lot of people searching for what they can and cannot consume while pregnant (feta, lunchmeat, wine, beer, sushi). The folks wondering whether Maura Tierney is pregnant must have realized by now that the answer is "no." (I was sorry to read that she and her husband split after more than 10 years together.)


Which of your entries unjustly gets too little attention?
I have no idea. I figure the customer is always right. If one of my blog entries isn't getting much attention, then it probably didn't resonate with people. My fault, not theirs.

Your current favorite blogs?
Pretty much the same as they've always been. But I'd like to use this opportunity to point folks to a blog that I recently added to my blogroll (though I've been reading it off and on for a looong time now): Blog on the Run. He's a dad, he's a journalist, he's funny, he's veddy, veddy smart. Everybody start reading it. Now. I mean it. Go. I'll wait.

What blog did you read most recently?
Well, Bernie's for one. But right before that, I read Frogs and Ravens and was saddened by what I read.

Which feeds do you subscribe to?
The blogroll, right, as well as a few others.

What blogs are you tagging with this meme and why?
It's my policy not to tag people for memes, but please take it upon yourself if you'd like to.

4 Comments:

Blogger BernieRA said...

Sorry for the tag, but I'm glad it worked out. I tag you only out of respect for your work.

Thanks for the meme. It's the knowing that's such fun.

10:50 PM, September 11, 2006  
Anonymous Lex said...

Thanks for the kind words. I hope your readers enjoy Blog on the Run as much as I enjoy APL.

6:34 AM, September 12, 2006  
Blogger Yankee, Transferred said...

Shame about Rana. Thanks for the referral to Blog On The Run

3:50 PM, September 12, 2006  
Anonymous Surfingmama said...

Dear Blogging Mum:

We would like to invite you to showcase your blog articles to millions of internet-surfing mums through the Surfingmama Blog Carnival. Make a difference for mums all over the world. Surfingmama focuses only on stuff that matters. For mums. Submit to us practical, useful & informative articles that mums need to make informed choices. Topics include childcare, preschool, child-education, child-safety, pregnancy, child-health, breastfeeding, mothers-health, childbirth, getting-pregnant, and etc. Submit your article now to make it for the upcoming edition scheduled on 25 Sept 2006 at:

http://blogcarnival.com/bc/cprof_506.html

10:23 PM, September 13, 2006  

Post a Comment

<< Home