Monday, August 21, 2006

Other people's quotes

Still bogged down in my sports depression, I've decided to do that quote meme everyone's doing (seen most recently at Scrivener's):

You're supposed to go here and look through random quotes until you find 5 that you think reflect who you are or what you believe. Here are my five:
  1. The power to bring me out of solitude - or to push me back into it - had never belonged to another person. It was mine and only mine.
    -Martha Beck, O Magazine, February 2003

  2. Let thy speech be short, comprehending much in a few words.
    -Aprocrypha

  3. Intellectually, I know that America is no better than any other country; emotionally I know she is better than every other country.
    -Sinclair Lewis (1885 - 1951)*

  4. Male and female represent the two sides of the great radical dualism. But in fact they are perpetually passing into one another. Fluid hardens to solid, solid rushes to fluid. There is no wholly masculine man, no purely feminine woman.
    -Margaret Fuller (1810 - 1850)

  5. Our remedies oft in ourselves do lie.
    -William Shakespeare (1564 - 1616)


* Yes, I still feel this way, despite the current administration's attempt to make me feel otherwise.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home