Tuesday, July 04, 2006

Happy birthday, USA

I so do not want to go back to work tomorrow. I've enjoyed the (sort of) long weekend too much. It was a weekend of bloggy playdates, pool time, brats on the grill, World Cup watching, hanging out with family, and trips to the farm.

While AB was napping today, I watched Finding Neverland. Dear Lord, it was all I could do not bawl my head off. Also, I've decided that I could listen to Johnny Depp speak with a Scottish accent. All. Freakin'. Day. Fabulous, fabulous movie. Hike it to the top of your Netflix queue.

Now my Jackass Neighbors (just one family--most of my neighbors are wonderful) are setting off fireworks. I think our local fireworks will start in about half an hour, but those are farther away than the JNs, so not as loud. Maybe one of the JNs will lose a finger and then the "pyrotechnics" will be cut short.

Happy 4th.

13 Comments:

Anonymous Lisa V said...

Why don't any of you east coasters come west for bloggy playdates- we have Yellowstone, white water rafting, no humidity!

It's pouring and with thunder and lightening here, and I still have hill billy neighbors setting off fireworks. If they don't lose an appendage, maybe they will be electrocuted in the storm.

Happy 4th!

9:41 PM, July 04, 2006  
Blogger liz said...

It was a wonderful bloggy playdate.

10:53 PM, July 04, 2006  
Blogger Neel Mehta said...

I hope you mean bratwursts, and not children.

2:40 AM, July 05, 2006  
Blogger Laura said...

We watched Finding Neverland this weekend too. Mr. Geeky and I were both bawling.

7:48 AM, July 05, 2006  
Blogger ccw said...

Happy 4th!

I did bawl when I watched "Finding Neverland"; an excellent movie!

Hope your neighbors lost a finger!

8:55 AM, July 05, 2006  
Blogger Bridget said...

isn't that a great movie! and so sad and sweet!

9:04 AM, July 05, 2006  
Blogger Melissa said...

I was greeted with the sight on my neighbor's fireworks all over my lawn and two of their bottle rockets melted into out siding. Good times.

9:40 AM, July 05, 2006  
Anonymous KathyR said...

My JNs had a party (of course -- they have an average of 1.5 parties per month) and did the fireworks in their driveway. They're illegal in the city of L.A., but that doesn't stop people from driving a short drive to other cities in L.A. county to scoop up some fireworks. I wouldn't have minded having a sparkler myself. It's been a long time since I've held one.

10:21 AM, July 05, 2006  
Anonymous Moi said...

Thanks for the movie review. I'll have to add to my queue and maybe bump it up to the top.

7:30 PM, July 05, 2006  
Blogger Mommygoth said...

I myself would listen to Johnny Depp reading the weather report. For hours. Seriously. The only man I would consider leaving my husband for. And I have loved him since I was but a teenage girl (although I never watched 21 Jump Street)

9:33 AM, July 06, 2006  
Blogger LawMommy said...

Bloggy playdates sound fun!

neel mehta said EXACTLY what i was thinking about the 'brats'

9:28 PM, July 06, 2006  
Blogger Oscar Madison said...

Johnny Depp had a great haircut in that one, didn't he?

12:18 PM, July 07, 2006  
Blogger Andreia said...

johhny depp is my new obsession and you know, we all need that. Great flick~

6:34 PM, July 07, 2006  

Post a Comment

<< Home