Saturday, June 10, 2006

Woke up, got out of bed, dragged a comb across my head

Been meaning to do GeekyMom's sleep meme for more than a week now. I think it's fitting that I do it now, at 9:30 on a Saturday, when it's all I can do to keep my eyes open. Seriously, I'm beat.

1. Do you use an alarm clock to wake up? Yes. And it's so old, it used to be my mom's. We're talking mid-'80s, if not older. It has no tape player, no CD player, no nothing.
2. What time does your alarm go off? 7:00.
3. What sound does it make? Some radio station.
4. Do you hit the snooze button? How many times? Hell yes, but only once.
5. If you have a partner, do they have a separate alarm? Nope, we just use mine.
6. Does your partner get up at the same time, earlier or later? As I said, we both use my alarm, but I get out of bed and shower, and only then does he get out of bed (if our lazy, snuggly Small Dog will let him leave the bed).
7. Is your clock set ahead? If so, by how much? I think it's behind one minute. Our cable box shows the accurate time, and my clock is just barely off.
8. What's the first thing you do when you get up? Shower, then get dressed for work, then go wake up AB.
9. Do you eat breakfast? If so, what? When I'm not pregnant, no. I'm a coffee-only person, usually. But nowadays if I don't eat, I'll feel woozy and/or sick. So I usually have a bowl of Honey Nut Cheerios, Kashi Go Lean Crunch, or oatmeal.
10. How long does it take you to get ready? The showering, getting myself dressed and feeding myself doesn't take long--maybe half an hour. But throw in getting the boy ready, and it adds more time. We usually leave the house about an hour after I get out of the bed.
11. On the weekends, what time do you get up? Generally whenever AB starts making noises from his room. Sometimes that's not till 8:30, but it's usually between 7:30 and 8.
12. Do you lounge or do you jump into action? Once I've hit the shower, it's go, go, go. I'm fairly certain this annoys my family.
13. In an ideal world, what time would you get up? Probably 8:30.
14. How many hours of sleep do you typically get? 7 or 7 and a half.
15. How many hours of sleep do you want to get? I really operate so much better on at least 8 hours. For a little while, I was going to bed at 11 and waking up at 7. I need to start doing that again.

2 Comments:

Anonymous NSAH said...

That alarm clock actually dates back to my single days. We gave up on your old one.

I stay up later because I have to see something funny before bedtime, and thankfully, APL can sleep through low-volume TV.

11:11 PM, June 10, 2006  
Blogger halloweenlover said...

I won't even tell you how many times I push snooze. It is criminal. Sometimes the alarm clock just shuts down because I've pushed snooze too many times. And getting ready in the morning is a chore. I'm just not a morning person.

1:14 PM, June 13, 2006  

Post a Comment

<< Home