Thursday, June 01, 2006

When blogging takes over your dreams

Last night, I had a dream that, while I was in the federal courthouse, I received a fax from Halloweenlover. In the fax, HL informed me and others at my firm that her work schedule was currently light and so she was offering to cover court dates for anyone who was swamped. I immediately thought, "Great! Thank God! HL can cover my court dates this week. She rules."

I was still bathed in relief as I woke up this morning. Then a few things dawned on me. The first being that I was not at the federal courthouse recently, and even if I had been there, it's not like I get faxes sent to me there. The second being that HL does not work for the same folks I do. The third being that, even if she did, she's about 450 miles up the road.

The funniest thing about the dream didn't even occur to me till this afternoon, when I was chuckling about the dream again and suddenly remembered that, in my dream, the fax was from Halloweenlover, not [Halloweenlover's real name].

10 Comments:

Blogger Yankee T said...

Funny. I have the most vivid dreams. Some day I'm going to a dream analyst. Then again, maybe not.

10:40 PM, June 01, 2006  
Anonymous Genevieve said...

Frickin' hilarious!

I've had bloggy dreams, but not that detailed.

10:37 AM, June 02, 2006  
Anonymous KathyR said...

You mean to say that you don't stand up in court and say "Angry Pregnant Lawyer for Defendants XYZ?"

11:04 AM, June 02, 2006  
Blogger KLee said...

Well, you MIGHT get a fax from Halloweenlover one day, and if she signed it with her real name, you wouldn't know who it was from!

I'd stay away from the federal courthouse, though! Yikes! (I hate having to go down to ours...so imposing!)

12:29 PM, June 02, 2006  
Blogger Angry Pregnant Lawyer said...

Ah, but KLee, I do know HL's real name, and do indeed use it occasionally when I'm emailing her. So it was doubly funny that my subconscious still defaulted to her bloggy name.

1:05 PM, June 02, 2006  
Blogger halloweenlover said...

I'm CRACKING UP! I think the most telling part of this whole dream, is that I do CORPORATE law, not litigation, and I'd be mighty useful to you in a courtroom. Plus, my little sliver of corporate law is so specialized, it'd be doubly useless.

I love that I'm invading your dreams! Ha ha! I'm taking over the world! Preggers unite!

4:39 PM, June 02, 2006  
Blogger kenju said...

Too funny! I'll tell you-know-who about that one!!

4:53 PM, June 02, 2006  
Blogger Songbird said...

That is very amusing, APL.

7:54 PM, June 02, 2006  
Blogger liz said...

Love it!!!!

8:26 PM, June 02, 2006  
Blogger KLee said...

I know her real name, too, APL -- but my mind refuses to think of her any way but "Halloweenlover." I'd have a hard time with blogger meetups, because I'd always be using pseudonyms instead of given names.

:)

10:12 PM, June 02, 2006  

Post a Comment

<< Home