Saturday, June 10, 2006

Very superstitious

I wasn't superstitious at all for the first 11 years of my life. Then I became a Red Sox fan.

It started with not saying anything like "we could win this game" about any of my softball or soccer games. Then it moved to knocking on wood if someone hypothesized that something good was going to happen. By the time I was applying to colleges, I would get really upset whenever people would say, "Oh, of course you'll get into [Dream School]." Ack! I plugged my ears and knocked on wood and told them never to say that again. Same thing when I was studying for the bar exam. "Oh, of course you'll pass." Ack! Shut it!

So I'm not going to make any prognostications about AB's potty skills. I'll just say that things have gone quite well. I'm talking multiple #1s and two #2s (once at school, once at home). It'll be a long road, I know. But in all honesty, so far so good.

Knock on wood, and keep your fingers crossed.

6 Comments:

Anonymous Lisa V said...

Hear is hoping you don't live "the long national nightmare" known as Rory's potty training- at least that's what we call it our house. It took nearly two years.

The other 3 kids still had once in awhile accidents, but weren't nearly that bad. So in my book you have a 75% chance of an easy time.

The best news? I have an 8, 12, 14 year olds who NEVER have an accident. So have faith, we all manage it somehow.

5:13 PM, June 10, 2006  
Blogger Phantom Scribbler said...

What is this "potty training" of which you speak? I do not know that phrase. But from everything I know about AB, he is going to be a master of teh potty in no time.

Baby Blue still says she "not want use duh potty." But she does know the entire Red Sox starting line-up. That's a consolation, right?

7:19 PM, June 10, 2006  
Blogger liz said...

Excellent work so far, AB!

4:26 PM, June 11, 2006  
Blogger Angry Pregnant Lawyer said...

I'm sure the bribery helps.

10:42 PM, June 11, 2006  
Anonymous Genevieve said...

To tie it in with your opener, you could bribe AB with Red Sox cards . . .

3:22 PM, June 12, 2006  
Blogger halloweenlover said...

He is such a big boy! Wow! I'll knock on wood and spit twice too.

1:13 PM, June 13, 2006  

Post a Comment

<< Home