Tuesday, May 09, 2006

Just to let you know I'm still alive

(but still swamped):

This afternoon on his drive home, NSAH called me from his cell phone to say he was ordering pizza for dinner tonight. Angry Boy was in the car with him, babbling away, and for a while I couldn't figure out what the kid was yelling about. Then NSAH was quiet for a second so I could hear better, and I heard the following:

Why can't WE be FRIENDS?
Why can't WE be FRIENDS?
Why can't WE be FRIENDS?
Why can't WE be FRIENDS?


He was yelling War at the top of his lungs. (It's the Muppet Show's fault--he also sings Buffalo Springfield's "For What It's Worth" all the time now, because that's on an episode, too. My little protest singer.)

7 Comments:

Blogger Seeking Solace said...

Hey, at least he has good taste in music!

9:03 AM, May 10, 2006  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Just wanted to say for those who are rightfully wary of cellphone drivers -- I was at a traffic light whose cycle I've timed at three minutes.

And the pizza gave me heartburn. Well, that, and a terrible day at work. Thank goodness I have my music-screaming boy to take my mind off things.

He made me sing Shining Star this morning in the car. Tough to hit that Philip Bailey falsetto after a sleepless night, but he appreciated the effort.

- NSAH

9:38 AM, May 10, 2006  
Blogger Phantom Scribbler said...

Yet another reason why I am arranging a marriage between AB and Baby Blue. I love those two sketches. Although I thought the Buffalo Springfield song was about hunting until I was in college...

10:31 AM, May 10, 2006  
Anonymous claire said...

It's fun raising little rebels, isn't it? I love Angry Boy! Older Daughter used to sing protest songs as a toddler, too. Joan Baez' "Joe Hill" was her favorite.

11:38 AM, May 10, 2006  
Blogger ccw said...

That is so cute!

1:13 PM, May 10, 2006  
Blogger Songbird said...

You are making me smile!

8:34 PM, May 10, 2006  
Anonymous Genevieve said...

Which Muppet episode is that? I am so renting it after we return Little Big League.

1:32 PM, May 11, 2006  

Post a Comment

<< Home