... to the random bullets of crap.
- How can I possibly love child no. 2 as much as I love AB? I mean, I know I will, but I just love AB so much. He's so great. Over the past two years, NSAH and I have both, at random times, turned to the other and said, "He's such a good boy." As I type this, I am looking across the room at our console table--specifically, at all of the dinosaurs on top of our console table, which are all positioned upright and staring right at me.
- How often can you listen to songs on iTunes before you get sick of them? It took me months to finally tire of the Fray's "Over My Head" and Aimee Mann's (no longer) new album. Now I'm on to the next batch of oft-repeated songs.
- I really need to hit the gym this weekend.
- I can feel the baby kicking right now. It kicks a lot every night as I'm sitting still, working. I still can't feel it from the outside, though, with my hand on my stomach. It's just messing around with my insides. Cool.
- I really want to see the new X-Men movie this weekend. I've been so good about avoiding spoilers, but I'm afraid I'll give in to temptation and read too much.
- I really, really need to be saving more money. I wish the interest rates were better in my credit union account. Or that CDs paid out like they used to.
- AB is at a stage now where he loves hearing stories. I don't mean stories that we read from books, I mean stories about us, about the people he knows. One of his favorite stories is about how Small Dog came to join our family. When I tell stories, I try to emulate my dad. He is a great storyteller. Wonderful, funny stories. He was never afraid to work blue (he'd mention "poop" and have kids rolling on the floor, cracking up), and he always anthropomorphized the family's dogs. I've yet to mention poop in any of my stories, but I often have dogs speaking to one another or to the humans in the story.