Wednesday, May 24, 2006

I've succumbed

... to the random bullets of crap.
  • How can I possibly love child no. 2 as much as I love AB? I mean, I know I will, but I just love AB so much. He's so great. Over the past two years, NSAH and I have both, at random times, turned to the other and said, "He's such a good boy." As I type this, I am looking across the room at our console table--specifically, at all of the dinosaurs on top of our console table, which are all positioned upright and staring right at me.

  • How often can you listen to songs on iTunes before you get sick of them? It took me months to finally tire of the Fray's "Over My Head" and Aimee Mann's (no longer) new album. Now I'm on to the next batch of oft-repeated songs.

  • I really need to hit the gym this weekend.

  • I can feel the baby kicking right now. It kicks a lot every night as I'm sitting still, working. I still can't feel it from the outside, though, with my hand on my stomach. It's just messing around with my insides. Cool.

  • I really want to see the new X-Men movie this weekend. I've been so good about avoiding spoilers, but I'm afraid I'll give in to temptation and read too much.

  • I really, really need to be saving more money. I wish the interest rates were better in my credit union account. Or that CDs paid out like they used to.

  • AB is at a stage now where he loves hearing stories. I don't mean stories that we read from books, I mean stories about us, about the people he knows. One of his favorite stories is about how Small Dog came to join our family. When I tell stories, I try to emulate my dad. He is a great storyteller. Wonderful, funny stories. He was never afraid to work blue (he'd mention "poop" and have kids rolling on the floor, cracking up), and he always anthropomorphized the family's dogs. I've yet to mention poop in any of my stories, but I often have dogs speaking to one another or to the humans in the story.

11 Comments:

Blogger liz said...

He is truly delicious. Muffin Man keeps asking, "Can AB come play this weekend?"

So...can you and AB come play this weekend? Or we'll come to you. Whichever.

11:05 PM, May 24, 2006  
Blogger Phantom Scribbler said...

Two months for me on the iTunes before I get sick of them. But maybe if I spent more (cough *any* cough) time at the gym listening to my iPod, I'd get sick of them sooner.

I bet child no. 2 will be just as delicious as Angry Boy.

11:21 PM, May 24, 2006  
Anonymous Lisa V said...

Hey, I think we do have favorites as moms, but it changes at my house. I usually like the kid who is making me laugh. No matter who is your fav though there seems to be enough love to go around. It's amazing.

12:16 AM, May 25, 2006  
Blogger oshee said...

You will love baby #2 just as much as baby #1 and it will amaze you to see just how huge your heart will feel.

Have you looked into ING? They are offering some of the best rates for CD's and savings accounts.

1:28 AM, May 25, 2006  
Blogger Neel Mehta said...

There are a few high interest accounts (with no minimum balance) that are online only:

Citibank
HSBC Direct
ING Orange

As for X-Men: The Last Stand, there's a lot of spoilage out there. Tread lightly.

3:13 AM, May 25, 2006  
Anonymous Kristen said...

Bullet One: You will, you just will. I had the same aprehension before my 2nd was born. Now, I look back and think that was the silliest worry I've ever had in my life. And you'll love AB more too - I know you don't think that is possible - but the first time he leans down and kisses the baby and says "I love you" - your heart will want to burst.

Bullet Two: This is my excuse for buying more songs - I'll get sick of them much less if I have more. (This is also my excuse for buying clothes.) I just make lots of playlists and rotate them.

9:22 AM, May 25, 2006  
Blogger DaniGirl said...

Ah yes, I remember thinking I'd 'wrecked' our perfect family dynamic (triad?) when I was pregnant with my second. You know what the best part is? Not only will you love #2 just as much, but you'll love AB even more when you watch him interact with his sibling. Ain't love grand?

9:57 AM, May 25, 2006  
Blogger Yankee T said...

I am so with you on the first fear. I promise you, Baby Number II will be its own brand of unbelievably marvelous. AB sounds so wonderful. I love that he loves stories. You're headed into an amazing age with him.

9:59 AM, May 25, 2006  
Blogger ccw said...

I love AB. I'm betting that he will be a wonderful big brother. Once you have #2 you will forget that you ever wondered whether or not you have enough love.

10:11 AM, May 25, 2006  
Blogger Angry Pregnant Lawyer said...

Thanks to Neel and Oshee for the interest rate tips. I will check those out online this weekend.

Liz, I'll email you, but I think this weekend's out for us.

Phantom, I think you're right, actually. Two months seems to be my preferred obsession time.

Everyone, thanks for chiming in on the baby thing. As I hope you know, I'm not really worried about it at all. I'm just fascinated by the fact that I will love this second child so much, as much as I love my Angry Boy.

9:36 PM, May 25, 2006  
Anonymous Susan said...

Of course you will love the new child just as much, but your relationship with number one does change. I remember nursing my son the morning after he was born, and looking up at my husband and daughter who were concentrating on something together, and bursting into tears at the realization that my heart (and attention) would now be forever divided.

4:35 PM, May 26, 2006  

Post a Comment

<< Home