Monday, May 01, 2006

How swamped am I?




I'm fuckin' Yoda, that's how swamped I am.*

I had a post in my head yesterday afternoon about how things were easier before I was pregnant in that I could stay up later to work. You know, I'd spend the weekend having fun and then stay up late into the wee hours of the morning Sunday night/Monday morning fnishing work. And my post was going to lament about how I just can't do that anymore because I'm too tired these days.

Nope. Last night was a 2 a.m. bedtime for me, and I really wasn't overtired today. Tonight will be another late night. I foresee many late nights over the next few months, actually. But I was just at the doctor, and my blood pressure is still a kickass 100/60... so far, so good. We'll see how long I can keep this up.

* Sadly, I'm more Han Solo than Jedi Master.

11 Comments:

Blogger liz said...

Again, with the milk out the nose!




Did you notice that Corndog took his site down? I'm blue.

8:53 PM, May 01, 2006  
Blogger Yankee T said...

Get some rest. Please. You'll wear yourself out.

10:21 PM, May 01, 2006  
Blogger Neel Mehta said...

I'm fuckin' Yoda, that's how swamped I am.

Best use of Yoda in ordinary conversation ever. The previous winner was in Se7en:

William Somerset: This guy's methodical, exacting, and worst of all, patient.

David Mills: He's a nut-bag! Just because the fucker's got a library card doesn't make him Yoda!

2:30 AM, May 02, 2006  
Anonymous nutso ranter said...

Totally agree with Neel Mehta and Liz. That is the best use of Yoda I've ever heard! You crack me up APL.

Glad you're having an energy kick... could be that second trimester boost kicking in.

But sorry you're swamped. I was swamped last week, but am now getting out of it... I was hoping you and AB would be able to play! I'll have to wait

7:57 AM, May 02, 2006  
Blogger ccw said...

Glad you have your energy back, but try to take it easy.

Thanks for the laugh, Yoda!

9:45 AM, May 02, 2006  
Anonymous Genevieve said...

Sorry you're so swamped! But I agree: Best. Yoda reference. Ever.

10:48 AM, May 02, 2006  
Blogger halloweenlover said...

I'm not going to tell you not to stay up because you need rest, I say don't stay up because you're making the rest of us look bad!!!

5:52 PM, May 02, 2006  
Blogger halloweenlover said...

I'm not going to tell you not to stay up because you need rest, I say don't stay up because you're making the rest of us look bad!!!

6:02 PM, May 02, 2006  
Blogger Pink Cupcake said...

Also cracking up at Yoda reference. :)

Hope you manage to get some rest soon. Take care...

5:59 AM, May 03, 2006  
Blogger Summer said...

Sorry to hear you're so exhausted -- I used to have to turn in earlier too when I was pregnant, only because the "morning" sickness would only kick in around dinner. Luckily for me, I was in my last semester of law school (not a real job), and the whole morning sickness/tiredness thing wore off by my second trimester! Hang in there, and kudos on the BP!!

3:32 PM, May 03, 2006  
Blogger Mommygoth said...

Hi-larious. Also, Han Solo is totally kickass, so no apologies for that. I still have fantasies about Han Solo (um, did I actually type that and then hit login and publish?)

9:07 PM, May 04, 2006  

Post a Comment

<< Home