Friday, May 26, 2006

Enjoy the long weekend!

Via Blonde Justice:

You Belong in Dublin

Friendly and down to earth, you want to enjoy Europe without snobbery or pretensions.
You're the perfect person to go wild on a pub crawl... or enjoy a quiet bike ride through the old part of town.


I wish I were in Dublin. It's been too long. Would love to drink Murphy's Stout fresh from the tap.*

Had a ridiculously productive day, but still had time to hang out with my friend H. I knew H and I would be friends when we wound up sitting next to each other at law school orientation, and the first words out of her mouth to me as her eyes scanned the room were, "Wow, look at how white we all are." Yeah, I thought, I can be friends with this chick. (She's subversive in a cool way.) So today we talked about our friends, and work, and (what everybody in our age group talks about these days) the real estate market. It's reassuring to know that no matter how busy I am, I can still make time for my friends--and they can make time for me.

That being said, I hope I will see the light of day this Memorial Day weekend. Hope everyone has a fun time, and that any trips are hassle-free.

* Although, to be honest, the Murphy's is better in Cork.

10 Comments:

Blogger Laura said...

Apparently, I should be in Dublin too. Sounds good to me.

9:16 PM, May 26, 2006  
Blogger liz said...

Me too.

Don't forget to call on us, should you desire company during this weekend! (We'll bring brownies)

9:27 PM, May 26, 2006  
Blogger ccw said...

This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

10:19 PM, May 26, 2006  
Blogger ccw said...

I should be there with you (and laura and liz).

10:20 PM, May 26, 2006  
Anonymous claire (yt) said...

joining y'all in dublin for a stout.

11:29 PM, May 26, 2006  
Anonymous Kristen said...

I'll be in Paris, according to the quiz.

I'll raise a fine glass of red wine in your direction.

A year ago (next week) we actually were in Paris - celebrating our 10 year wedding annivesary on a cycling trip through France. Ironically, my husband's company sent me over for free. (Ironically, because they let him go 6 months later...) Oh well, take what you can get!

Maybe we should try Dublin next time.

9:37 AM, May 27, 2006  
Blogger Addy N. said...

I'll be in Dublin, too!

10:03 AM, May 27, 2006  
Blogger Blonde Justice said...

Wow, so we'll all be there together? How fantastic!

10:27 AM, May 27, 2006  
Anonymous NSAH said...

I get Amsterdam, which is strange considering that the first thing I think of with Amsterdam is "pot," which I've never had the slightest inclination to try.

Having been in Dublin, I'd rather be there.

2:31 PM, May 27, 2006  
Blogger DaniGirl said...

Hey, I got Dublin, too. I'd love to go there someday...

12:57 PM, May 31, 2006  

Post a Comment

<< Home