Wednesday, April 26, 2006

Rapture

NSAH's comment to my last post reminded me of the email he sent earlier this week, about dropping AB off at school:

He got fussy in the car. “I don’t want to go dis way! I want to go DAT way." (pointing back toward home, even with trees in the way.) Finally, it was more specific – “I don’t want to go to school!”

He had picked "I Want Candy" for his morning listen, but he lost interest in it, and I switched it off while he was fussing. I started to sing something, and he said “No! Don’t sing dat.” So I asked if he wanted me to rap. Long pause. “Yes.”

Uh oh. What can I rap? Hmmmm. “Fab Five Freddy told me everybody’s style, DJ’s spinning and slez my my, Flash is fast, Flash is cool, Francois se pha, no shay or two, and you don’t stop, you keep on eating cars. (Wait – that can’t be right. When does the man from Mars come in?) And you don’t stop, you keep on eating cars. Then, when there’s no more cars, you go out at night and eat up cars, where the people meet. Face to face, cheek to cheek … um … then when … wait … the man from Mars is through with cars and through with bars and now he only eats guitars.”

Phew.

“Do it again!”

Oh no … OK, let’s get the man from Mars in there earlier … geez, what part am I missing … the meter’s way off on the last line … oh well, I did it again.

“Do it again!”


Best. Daddy. Ever.

(The only raphip-hop songs I remember the lyrics to are the final verse of "Parents Just Don't Understand" ["OK, here's the situation..."] and "Bust a Move.")

7 Comments:

Blogger Phantom Scribbler said...

Definitely best daddy ever.

Does AB have the Debbie Harry Muppet Show? LG had a crush on her for awhile.

9:25 PM, April 26, 2006  
Blogger Angry Pregnant Lawyer said...

We do not have that episode! (NSAH has quite the crush on Debbie as well.)

9:27 PM, April 26, 2006  
Blogger liz said...

Laughing my assets off.

Totally a winner of BDE.

9:43 PM, April 26, 2006  
Blogger Quinn said...

My parents went away on a week's vacation and they left the keys to the brand new porsche. Would they mind? Mmm, well, of course not. Pay attention, here's the thick of the plot. I drove up to the corner at the end of my block and that's when I saw this beautiful girly-girl walking. I picked up my car phone to perpetrate like I was talking....

That's off the top of my head (I could do the rest, as well as a fair amount of "She's dressed in yellow, she says hello!" but it's getting late and Colbert is almost on.

The real question: why can't I purge this out of my brain and replace it with something important? Like my pediatrician's phone number?

11:16 PM, April 26, 2006  
Blogger corndog said...

You mean, just because I would not, could not, rap in a car, I'm not even in the running for Best Daddy Ever?

9:47 AM, April 27, 2006  
Blogger TDharma said...

"I like big butts and I can not lie! You other brothers can't deny...!" Sir Mixalot oughta get the kid's attention.

4:36 PM, April 27, 2006  
Blogger halloweenlover said...

Umm, I could rap shoop baby shoop, you know "you're packed in your stack, 'specially in the back, brother want to thank your mother for a butt like that. Can I get some fries with that shake shake shooby, if looks could kill you would be an uzi..." or Whattaman, or Baby Got Back. I often change the words to baby got back to suit whatever we are doing.

"I like little dogs and I cannot lie..."

4:59 PM, April 27, 2006  

Post a Comment

<< Home