Friday, April 21, 2006

Random Friday stuff


  • Bought the following songs recently, all of which are connected in a soundtrack way:

    1. "How to Save a Life" by the Fray

    2. "In the Sun" by Michael Stipe

    3. "Edge of the Ocean" by Ivy

    4. "Fix You Up" by Tegan and Sara (saw them in concert a little while back)

    5. "Other Side of the World" by KT Tunstall

    6. "Scratch" by Kendall Payne

    7. "Sparkle Me" by Buffseeds

    8. "Today Has Been Okay" by Emiliana Torrini

    9. "Where Does the Good Go?" by Tegan and Sara


    I've put these songs on a playlist with Rilo Kiley's "Portions for Foxes," which Corndog was nice enough to share with me (when I won last year's NCAA Sweet 16 contest, I believe), and Keane's "Somewhere Only We Know."


  • I hate reruns. When do new episodes start again?

  • Good day at work--got a bunch of new assignments, but they all interest me.

  • Watching playoff hockey after watching a couple of NewsRadio episodes.

  • My fantasy baseball team sucks ass. I've decided I don't like weekly head-to-head matchups. I can't get my brain to think in such short-term spurts. That's why I invest in mutual funds for the long haul, not in individual stocks for the quick buck. Or something. Whatever, my team sucks.

  • I have to get my car inspected tomorrow morning.

  • I might get to have lunch with my friend Nutso Ranter tomorrow. Yay.

  • I might get to work out tomorrow. Yay.

  • I have to buy Angry Boy some new shoes, even though I just bought him new shoes a month ago.

  • Starting to come out of my blog funk. And I don't mean funk in the fun Parliament way. But whatever, it's ebbing. So yay.

9 Comments:

Blogger Phantom Scribbler said...

Hooray for the end of a blog drought!

I just bought Baby Blue new shoes, since she's on the verge of growing out of her wee little boots. But I gotta admit that I'm choking up a little bit at the thought of retiring them.

11:05 PM, April 21, 2006  
Anonymous Lisa V said...

You know with that tv monkey on your back, we could become life partners. You would have to start watching HBO and I would have to watch Lost, but we'd make a cute couple. I hate reruns too.

11:11 PM, April 21, 2006  
Blogger liz said...

Dr. Who on the Scifi channel is all new. You'd enjoy it. It's a BBC production and it has a good level of snark.

11:18 PM, April 21, 2006  
Anonymous suzanh said...

Yay on the no blog funk.

I just bought G new pants in December/January/April.

She went from a size 6 to a size 8 to a size 10. I completely missed size 7 (because I am a bad parent).

Reruns suck ass. I'd just stick with the Newsradio DVDs. Oh, wait. I do.

9:14 AM, April 22, 2006  
Blogger corndog said...

Somebody should start a toddler shoe collective, which could leverage the buying power of thousands of parents to purchase basically every model and size of kids' shoes at a steep discount. I figure it could work sort of like Netflix. You pay a set monthly fee and get a pair of shoes. When your toddler outgrows them (invariably before wearing them out), you send them back in and get a larger pair. Even factoring in cleaning, disinfecting, and deodorizing, I think you'd still make out better than at Payless, let alone Stride Rite.

2:14 PM, April 22, 2006  
Anonymous KathyR said...

What? You haven't grown a giant afro and bought a purple velvet duster and some platform shoes? Dang. I was looking forward to the pictures.

3:18 PM, April 22, 2006  
Blogger Angry Pregnant Lawyer said...

I was just happy that the store I went to today had the bigger size of the Vans he had back when he was in size 7s. I love those shoes. AB looks like a little skater punk, god bless 'im.

4:50 PM, April 22, 2006  
Blogger Angry Pregnant Lawyer said...

Lisa V, I heard that Grey's Anatomy isn't even technically "new" this weekend--it's a clip show. Grr.

Liz, I've never gotten into that show (in any incarnation), but the spouse is a fan of the old show. He'd probably like the new one, to.

4:52 PM, April 22, 2006  
Blogger Seeking Solace said...

Yeah, what's up with all the ER reruns!

9:01 PM, April 22, 2006  

Post a Comment

<< Home