Monday, March 13, 2006

So I wasn't the only one thinking it

From today's Post chat on the NCAA selections:

McLean, Va: Cincinnati vs Air Force? Cincy has better RPI (by 10), better SOS (5 vs 158), better non-conf SOS (22 vs 273) - - - which team should be in the NCAA tournament? Also, Cincy's biggest win was over LSU. Air Force's biggest win was over Miami, FL.

Eric Prisbell: When Air Force popped on the screen, I turned to the woman next to me and said, "Well, we're in a war, right?" This wasn't calculator vs. common sense. This was more like patriotism vs. common sense. In 17 years following the tournament closely, I can't remember a more curious at-large selection. In the last four games, Cincy lost by two to Nova, beat WV and lost by one to a just-getting-hot Cuse team. When you ask, "Which team is dangerous?" the words Air Force aren't uttered among the top 80 schools.

1 Comments:

Anonymous KathyR said...

Seriously? How does it serve the cause to put Air Force in when they're just going to get knocked out? I don't get it.

My word verification is "qttlpff." Quettlepuff. Sounds like something out of Harry Potter.

10:29 AM, March 14, 2006  

Post a Comment

<< Home