Wednesday, March 15, 2006

My life, the musical

Via Scrivener.

Go to your music player of choice and put it on shuffle. Say the following questions aloud, and press play. Use the song title as the answer to the question. NO CHEATING.

How does the world see me?
"Jackie's Strength" by Tori Amos (cool!)

Will I have a happy life?
"Wondering Where the Lions Are" by Bruce Cockburn (I take that as a "yes," given the lyrics)

What do my friends really think of me?
"Round of Silence" by Blue Yard Garden (I can be quiet sometimes, I suppose)

Do people secretly lust after me?
"Goodbye Caroline" by Aimee Mann (Hmmm, not sure what that means. I asked again and got "One Way or Another" by Blondie)

How can I make myself happy?
"Au Fond D'un Reve Dore" by Nada Surf (I can't make those French accents aigue et circonflex. Damn. Anyway, given the lyrics--originally written by Francoise Hardy--I think this means I can make myself happy by staying with NSAH.)

What should I do with my life?
"Winter" by Tori Amos. (Huh? I asked again and got "Runnin' With the Devil" by Van Halen. Kickass.)

What is some good advice for me?
"Dance the Night Away" by Van Halen. (hahahahaha.)

How will I be remembered?
"Wise Up" by Aimee Mann.

What is my signature dancing song?
"El Condor Pasa (If I Could)" by Simon & Garfunkel (These keep getting funnier and funnier.)

What do I think my current theme song is?
"Think Too Much (a)" by Paul Simon (Actually, that was my theme song in 12th grade. Not so much anymore. Having a baby took all the think-too-much outta me.)

What does everyone else think my current theme song is?
"Jump" by Kriss Kross ('cause I'll make ya Jump! Jump!)

What song will play at my funeral? (Nothing will beat Scrivener's answer)
"Cocoon" by Guster. (Hmm.... I don't think so.)

What type of men/women do I like?
Men: "I Need Love" by Sam Phillips
Women: "The Rhythm of the Saints" by Paul Simon

What is my day going to be like?
"W.M.A" by Pearl Jam (Huh. So, I guess the police are going to stop my brother tomorrow. Maybe I should call up my step-brother, just in case...)

What one thing could I not live without? (I just added this, why not?)
"Shame" by Stabbing Westward (Hahahahaha. OK, now I'm wishing I hadn't added this question.)

9 Comments:

Blogger ccw said...

I love this.

Unforunately, I have not listened to music, other than the radio in the car, in so long that I cannot play along.

You are right, Scrivener's funeral song is wonderful.

9:20 AM, March 16, 2006  
Blogger jo(e) said...

What does it say about this community that we are all looking forward to Scrivener's funeral?

10:32 AM, March 16, 2006  
Blogger liz said...

I love your list. And Scrivener does have a kick-ass funeral song.

11:18 AM, March 16, 2006  
Blogger halloweenlover said...

Every time I read your blog I totally think "JUMP JUMP, APL WILL MAKE YOU JUMP JUMP!!!"

5:56 PM, March 16, 2006  
Blogger Roonie said...

You have fabulous taste in music.

6:26 PM, March 16, 2006  
Blogger Jenevieve said...

You have Kriss Kross on your iTunes?!?!?!

That's it, I'm moving in.

11:04 PM, March 16, 2006  
Blogger Seeking Solace said...

My funeral song was "There Goes the Neighborhood" by Sheryl Crow. Isn't that what they say when a lawyer dies????

10:45 AM, March 17, 2006  
Blogger Angry Pregnant Lawyer said...

Jenevieve, that is the ONLY Kriss Kross song I have on iTunes.

8:12 PM, March 17, 2006  
Blogger Gina said...

Sweet, APL. I will definitely be stealing this sometime soon.

11:18 PM, March 17, 2006  

Post a Comment

<< Home