Monday, March 13, 2006

Anger issues

Check out the comments on this post from Leslie Morgan Steiner's Post blog. Yowza, and I thought I was angry. The most puzzling posts are from an anonymous individual who keeps going on and on about a woman landing a husband through "trickery." I keep picturing someone dressing up in a Halloween costume.

WOMAN: "Ha ha, you fool. I got you to marry me, but I'm not really a sexy maid." (whips off costume to reveal normal human being)

MAN: "But... but... Trickery!"

5 Comments:

Blogger Mommygoth said...

Holy crap, this is just insane! The gender war is obviously still raging.

10:15 AM, March 14, 2006  
Blogger Phantom Scribbler said...

That's what the whole Mommy Wars crap is about, isn't it? Fomenting anger and resentment between women and between the genders?

It's all crap. I won't read it. If they want to gain readership and sell more ads, they'll have to figure out a different hook to get me.

11:45 AM, March 14, 2006  
Blogger halloweenlover said...

The unfortunate thing is that I think all of these comments will just serve to make women feel bad. It could be said a bit more constructively (is that a word?).

Food for thought, though, that she thought it was important enough to write about.

4:03 PM, March 14, 2006  
Blogger Jessica said...

This made me laugh out loud, APL!!! With my boss a mere 10 feet away....

9:16 AM, March 15, 2006  
Anonymous Genevieve said...

Ai yi. The comments are bizarre - but I love your "trickery" take-off!

12:17 PM, March 15, 2006  

Post a Comment

<< Home