Tuesday, February 21, 2006

Urgent help for Annika

I often make assumptions about what I'll now call my core readers, those of you who didn't just wind up here by Googling "Maura Tierney pregnant" or "licky boom boom down."

One of those assumptions is that you all read Phantom Scribbler. And, given her hit counts, you might all read her blog. But, on the off-chance that some of you have not yet heard of Annika and her blogging mom, Moreena at Falling Down is Also a Gift, please read about the family's struggles with insurance -- or, rather, the insurance company's refusal to pay any more medical bills -- here and more recently here.

I first heard about what was going on through Phantom's site. Phantom has a good synopsis of what people can do and are doing to help. My plea: please go to the website set up for Annika by the folks at the Children's Organ Transplant Association, here. The site provides a link to donate money, and I have donated. And I will likely do so again. Please read the links at Moreena's and Phantom's blogs, and think about what's going on.

1 Comments:

Blogger Phantom Scribbler said...

Thank you! The word, it is spreading thanks to you. And Maura Tierney pregnant, of course.

9:24 PM, February 21, 2006  

Post a Comment

<< Home