Tuesday, February 07, 2006

Sweet evening

Last weekend, NSAH, Angry Boy and I went to On The Border for lunch. The kids' menu had drawings of all kinds of exotic animals on it and was therefore perfect for Angry Boy. We took the menu with us when we left, because Angry Boy was still looking for all the different animals in the picture. ("'at's a iguana. 'at's a turtle. 'at's a pawwot.")

He loved that menu. He took it with him in my car. He took it with him to school. Then NSAH got tired of "reading" it to Angry Boy, and surreptitiously threw it away.

Today, when I pick up AB at school and put him in his seat, he starts saying, "I want my book? I want my book?" I know immediately which "book" he wants. He wants the damn menu. I try to appease him with another book that is on the floormat, a Winnie the Pooh Easter egg book (no, I don't clean out my car very often, why do you ask?). He only gets angrier. "No want dat! Want my book, want my book!" Knowing I can't appease him, I shut his door and go around to my seat. I figure I'll cheer him up with a little "Who Let the Dogs Out" on the iPod. But I'm too slow, and the first few mellow words of "Never Been to Spain" start playing. I quickly turn it to "Who Let the Dogs Out," hoping the cheerful, bouncy song will make him smile. He starts wailing. I ask him what I can do, what will make him happy.

"We listen to 'Never Been to Spain'?" he whines. So apparently, he wanted to listen to Three Dog Night rather than a song about dogs. He was fine the rest of the ride home (he demanded Bruce Cockburn's "Wondering Where the Lions Are" twice).

I'm taking him to On the Border this weekend, gonna get another damn kids' menu.

He was very sweet the rest of the evening. He kept saying, "I love you," and hugging me. I read to him for a bit before dinner (turns out he loves vegetarian baked beans, yay), and we watched some of The Muppet Movie before I put him to bed.

Now I'm just doing a little laundry and watching the Carolina-Duke game (DVRing Scrubs, of course). After the game, I'll do a little work, but I'm going to try to go to bed before midnight.

9 Comments:

Blogger corndog said...

Go Heels!

10:42 PM, February 07, 2006  
Blogger Yankee T said...

AB...his BOOK...so cute.

11:07 PM, February 07, 2006  
Blogger Piece of Work said...

I just want to spew anti- dukie V venom all over the place right now, but I suppose I shouldn't. If that's the best the dookies can put up against us "upstart" heels, I don't know why everybody's so thrilled about them.

I am INTENSELY jealous that you got to watch the game without dear old vitale. Just added salt to the wound. Plbbt!

Anyway, Angry boy sounds like he knows what he wants! What a cutie!

11:33 PM, February 07, 2006  
Blogger lostinthemiddle said...

I so wanted to see the menu. Went to On the Border's website and everything, but all they have is a list of the available food items. Rats.

I'd hoped to see the Pawwot.

11:46 PM, February 07, 2006  
Blogger liz said...

I love that little guy.

Any chance the two of you'd like to do another playdate with me and Muffin Man one weekend day?

11:59 PM, February 07, 2006  
Blogger Gina said...

Never Been to Spain, a good but intriguing choice.

As for Mr. Personality, his current favorite is the iTunes remix of Two Hearts by U2. That's my boy!

2:33 AM, February 08, 2006  
Blogger Phantom Scribbler said...

Sigh. I so heart AB!

10:25 AM, February 08, 2006  
Anonymous *Justine* said...

"he demanded Bruce Cockburn's "Wondering Where the Lions Are" twice)."

Yay!! Love it when good taste in music starts early :=)

11:37 AM, February 08, 2006  
Blogger halloweenlover said...

He is such a little sweetpea. Maybe he is feeling a little upheaval over the whole situation.

HUGS to both of you. May the days go by QUICKLY.

1:56 PM, February 08, 2006  

Post a Comment

<< Home