Sunday, February 19, 2006

Silly guy

Had a great if unproductive (work-wise) day with Angry Boy today. Saw a matinee of Curious George. I knew he would love it, but I didn't realize how much I would enjoy it. AB laughed aloud a few times, and even parroted back a few lines in their entirety. And, as is his usual movie m.o., he sat in my lap the whole time. Whenever there were sweet scenes between Ted (formerly known as the Man in the Yellow Hat) and George, he turned to face me and patted my cheek or stroked my hair. So lovey, my little guy.

Afterward, we grabbed a hot dog (for him), bacon cheeseburger (for me) and fries (to share) at one of the best burger places in town. We ate a ton, but that's OK because we didn't have much lunch (lunch was chicken noodle soup, and apparently he doesn't quite have the spoon technique mastered enough to take on soup yet). And on the ride home, he sang along to Harry Nilsson's "Coconut" and 3DN's "Joy to the World." He changes the chorus for that one:

Joy to da world.
All da boys 'n' girls.
Joy to da fishes in da deep boo sea.
Joy to [AB] and Mommy! (cackling ensues)


The boy, he is funny.

10 Comments:

Blogger Hope said...

.

8:29 PM, February 19, 2006  
Blogger liz said...

He is a true sweetie. I could eat him up.

9:56 PM, February 19, 2006  
Blogger Mieke said...

Cozy, cozy, cozy.

11:42 PM, February 19, 2006  
Blogger Phantom Scribbler said...

(Further plotting ways to arrange a marriage between AB and Baby Blue...)

10:27 AM, February 20, 2006  
Blogger Gina said...

Grandpa is taking Mr. P to that movie today, I had read good reviews, but glad to get a much more personal one!

I love it when they change the song lyrics!

11:33 AM, February 20, 2006  
Blogger Yankee T said...

I totally love that little boy. How sweet!

12:17 PM, February 20, 2006  
Blogger kenju said...

From what I have heard, he is pretty cute too!

4:06 PM, February 20, 2006  
Blogger Mother in Chief said...

We also took TIC to see Curious George yesterday... his first movie theater experience. And I can only guess that it will be the first of many kid-flicks to come. I've always dreaded the manditory parent-child activies like kid-flicks and standing around the minature golf course, but I have to say my first experience wasn't so bad... and for that I'm totally relieved. Maybe it's the first step in transforming into the model parent...next thing you know I'll be baking cookies and making friends with moms at the park.

7:33 PM, February 20, 2006  
Blogger jo(e) said...

I love those kind of relaxed days. I bet he loved it too.

10:49 AM, February 21, 2006  
Blogger halloweenlover said...

I love that kid.

7:44 PM, February 23, 2006  

Post a Comment

<< Home