Thursday, February 16, 2006

Peapod whines

Before I get started, I need to thank you all for your sympathies in your comments. I should also tell you that last night, Angry Boy and I went out to a restaurant with my mom for dinner, and AB was very sweet and very well-behaved. Except when he said, "I'm an elephant!" and proceeded to trumpet(or whatever you call that loud brrrrrrrrrrr noise elephants make) once loudly in the restaurant. But then we told him to be a baby elephant, and he did it in a whisper, not bothering any other diners. He was good tonight, too. Tomorrow we're planning to meet my stepmom for dinner (at OTB, finally), so hopefully he'll be on his best behavior then, too.

My first-ever Peapod order came tonight. I like the service in theory (grocery shopping in bed, food delivered to your door), but not so much in practice, for two reasons. One, I signed up for delivery between 8 p.m. and 10 p.m. tonight. The van didn't pull up till 10:20. Two, the bags that the food came in were all slightly muddy on the bottom (dirty and wet truck floor, I guess), which meant that my newly cleaned kitchen floor also got dirty. So, after I put the groceries away, I had to clean the kitchen floor. At 10:30 at night. Not fun. I will probably order from Peapod again, but I don't think it will replace my normal habit of going to the store.

Happily, I finished up my work at 10:10, so I am off for the rest of the evening. I promised myself I'd go to bed before midnight tonight, and I can definitely do that.

8 Comments:

Blogger DevilMacDawg said...

You should complain to PeaPod. That level of service isn't what I ever experienced with them. They were generally prompt (if I said between 8 and 10, they usually showed up in the earlier part of that time-frame, but NEVER earlier than 8 or after 10). Also, the dirty bags is completely unacceptable. They should know about that, because that's not something they used to would find acceptable (granted, it's been 5 years since I used the service).

7:40 AM, February 17, 2006  
Blogger Laura said...

I feel the same way about grocery delivery. Convenient in theory, not so much in practice. I mean, you have to plan ahead and all.

8:04 AM, February 17, 2006  
Blogger ccw said...

My ex-husband once did an elephant imitation when we were out to dinner (he was drunk). I assure you that AB being an elephant would be far cuter and less distracting.

Sorry about the grocery delivery. We don't have that option here.

9:20 AM, February 17, 2006  
Blogger Yankee T said...

Definitely tell them about your issues. They should correct that. I think I told you that there used to be a service in Boston called Home Runs and it was superior to Peapod...but when it went out of business, I switched over. I HATE the grocery store! Hey, do they have "CANDY FREE" checkout aisles where you are? That was the coolest thing I ever saw. The Star Market in Boston had them. Made checkout much easier with 2 small, sugar-deprived kids.

10:06 AM, February 17, 2006  
Blogger Suzanne said...

Just when you're ready to ship them off to the highest bidder, kids somehow manage to flip 180 degrees. Good thing, too!

12:42 PM, February 17, 2006  
Blogger halloweenlover said...

Glad to hear that AB is back to his charming self. I'm still happy to borrow him for a while, though.

I say complain too! Maybe they'll give you a free gift! I love free gifts!

1:19 PM, February 17, 2006  
Blogger kenju said...

You-know-who told me that she ordered from them once and got bad produce, so she never used the service again.

3:11 PM, February 17, 2006  
Blogger Quinn said...

YT, you're making me long for my days up in Boston, going to the Stah Mahket.

5:05 PM, February 17, 2006  

Post a Comment

<< Home